Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Just got home from Greece this weekend and found a couple of CDs there to nurture another geeky interest of mine (apart from absinthe ...): Greek folk music. Found some old recordings of some klaritzides (clarinet players) that I've never heard of before. Goes well with a glass of ouzo down there, but when at home, I prefer absinthe.

Just getting a CLB ready and listening to the blues here-best blues every Sat. and Sun. night and great jazz the rest of the time. It is so neat that friends all over the US can hear the same show we are.

KPLU/Seattle

I know almost none of you are into death metal, but this is totally worth checking out. It's someting I forgot about but just rediscovered. I've been laughing at it all morning.

My girlfriend is a hard core metal listener. So, getting some thujone into my veins makes that music just as brilliant as everything else. So, wanna listen to some Norwegian black metal? Dimmu Borgir is just cool :-D (yepp, their lyrics are in english, so THAT thing will not be a prob) :devil:

I'm quite familiar with Norwegian black metal, as many of my favourite bands (Emperor, Satyricon, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth, Limbonic Art, Ulver, Arcturus) are either currently part of that scene or once were. I've even taught myself a fair bit of written Norwegian in order to read black metal lyrics and album reviews. However, I can enjoy music without understanding lyrics.

Am I the only one who finds that video hilarious? Or am I just the only one who's watched it?

Both of these videos have me about to pee my pants. Being able to laugh at one'self and inspire others to laugh at you as well is an inspired gift. Thanks for the links.

I know almost none of you are into death metal, but this is totally worth checking out. It's someting I forgot about but just rediscovered. I've been laughing at it all morning.

Hey! That's Tommy Seebach!. Never seen it with that soundtrack ...

:) That's because you knew about the video before you saw it with "Hammer Smashed Face" dubbed over it.

Both of these videos have me about to pee my pants. Being able to laugh at one'self and inspire others to laugh at you as well is an inspired gift. Thanks for the links.

Here's another pants wetter for you:

I recommend watching this after a couple of glasses, but it's great sober as well. I have many guilty pleasures -- '70s glam is probably in the top five, baby!

:cheers:

How did I mess that? I've been a fan of David Johanson since the Doll's first release.

Tonight, a little Keb'Mo'. Please don't tell me I'm the only fan of Kevin!

:thumbup: We have that Keb Mo CD.......that is what the shows are like that we go to in our town (Upstage). Good music! :yahoo:

I'm really enjoying my first absinthe in about 2 months, yes it is very tasty,

and I'm listening to Joan Jett, I'm very happy.

I don't care about my Bad Reputation,

oh yea!

Wow, somehow I didn't expect to see Death Metal on the last page, what with big band and jazz on the first page...

This is all theory until my stuff arrives and I can test it empirically, but I'm thinking:

Andromeda - Extension of the Wish

Death - The Sound of Perseverance

Modest Mouse

Thin Lizzy

Blue Öyster Cult

and Mastodon - Leviathan

all ought to be pretty fine with a dose. It'll be interesting to see what my brother suggests, since he got the good taste in music in our family. Mekong Delta's performance of "Night on a Bare Mountain" might appease (or appall) the classicists to some degree, but probably only the Norwegian metal contingency have heard of them... :devil:

I'm guessing that's not anything like Death and the Maiden by Schubert? Which, BTW, would also pair nicely with a glass or four of absinthe.

I'm guessing that's not anything like Death and the Maiden by Schubert? Which, BTW, would also pair nicely with a glass or four of absinthe.

It looks like the Schubert did not survive the Great iTunes Purging of '07, so I can neither confirm nor deny the similarity. However, I wouldn't sell the stuff short by genre; late-period Death is some of the most complex music in all of metal, and Mastodon are quite the highbrows themselves. Their second album is a concept album/homage to Moby Dick. And damn fine. :bguitar: