Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I personally liked the people walking around with the turkey legs

The only better place to go watch interesting people is the Star Trek bar at the Vegas Hilton on a Friday night. Watching people dress up and go to the bar was a sight. That's entertainment!

Oh, there are two in the Hyatt - one on the lobby floor that is in full view of the masses at night and one that is on the lower floor with the smoking deck/walkway to the Marriott which is filled with just as many masses.

Great Scott! I thought I'd be the odd man out, mentioning Bruckner, but others have already! I feel so vindicated! I have all the symphonies by Jochum; 5,8,9 by Furtwangler; Thielemann's new 5th; a Horenstein 5th; almost all of them by Tintner on Naxos; Klemperer's #6. But I digress . . .

I need to experience #9 in green.

They're great pieces to study. Especially the fugues. It's amazing how he can get a 4 voice fugue going on an instrument that can barely play four notes at once. The fugue from the C major sonata is also the longest fugue he ever wrote.

I'm working on the G minor sonata now (on viola, transposed to C minor), but I'm also pretty familiar with the others. If you have any questions about them feel free to PM me.

I see that it's "New Avatar Day" on the WS.

I was inspired by the others I think. It's still the same corset, but only with the peusdo victorian outfit I enjoy walking in (complete with umbrella cane)

Mahler #2 (w/CSO and Solti)

Debussy/Ravel

Neutral Milk Hotel

The Books

These are a few of my favorite things...

Oh, and hi, I'm new. Nice to meet you fine folk!

I wouldn't said something sooner, but as a musician, I couldn't pass up this great topic!

Hey pianoben. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that maybe you're a musician?

Edit: never mind. Missed the last line.

Why don't you mosey over to the newbie intro forum and introduce yourself?