Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Non sequitur: I'm playing DJ in the living room while the SO and I polish off a bottle of wine. My playlist thus far has been as follows: Adam Ant--Goody Two Shoes, Bygod 20--The Bog, Melanie--Brand New Key, Limahl--Neverending Story, Blondie--Maria, and now I'm winding up my session with ACDC's Big Balls! :guitar:

Bygod 20? Are you serious? Wow! Memories from yesteryear!

Edited by MASTERPC

ACDC's Big Balls! :guitar:

Tonight's the volunteer firemen's ball here in Puddleville. It is ball season, after all. And even the smallest villages get in on the act. Unfortunately, we won't be making an appearance. It is a hoot.

I have a version of "Big Balls" somewhere that I recorded with a couple of my friends. They played the song just like AC/DC, but I sang it like the B52's Fred Schneider. I've got to find that.

Montana PBS is televising New York Dolls, a 2007 concert. I'd argue the first real US Punk Band.* Johanson & Co. still rock.

*The only other real possible punk band before the Dolls was the Monks...um, 1961ish.

I just checked my Nuggets box sets, hoping there would be something by the Monks. There wasn't, but I'm interested in hearing them. Off to Amazon, in search of a song sample.

I'm with ya there Grey Boy.

Nice avatar, MPC. That's from Tom Goes to the Mayor, right?

After listening to a lot of Opeth in the past week or so, I think their latest one (Ghost Reveries) is my favorite.

As far as Britpop goes, I liked Pulp the best until Blur started experimenting. 13 has some great music.

Why am I not surprised that you'd pick that up? Yep. :cheers:

Olivia Newton John's Totally Hot. I loved that song as a kid and the SO recently discovered it online. I'm driving her nuts by asking her to play it repeatedly! :thumbup:

Now that's what ahm talkin' 'bout! :cheers:

I remember seeing them in an intimate little club in Buffalo, back in the late 80s, and the Commander was in rare form. :worshippy:

On a kinda-unrelated topic, a good friend of mine just won the "Twin Cities Best Nightclub DJ" award. His third electronica/trance album comes out next week. Trance goes together with absinthe almost as well as Mozart and Beethoven.

What's his title?

Sure. ;)

Thanks!