Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Terminus (yummy) while listening to Sidestepper and Senor Coconut - two of my favorite latin-ish sort of jazz bands. Sidestepper is led by a British bass player - hence an attractively heavy bass line and brass. Senor Coconut - an almost novelty German band covering a wide variety of both latin and western music who sounds to me a bit like the Mothers of Invention meets Perez Prado. High-quality musicianship all around. Fun music and good booze - what more can you ask of life on planet earth?

Playing for Change:

Stand By Me

One Love

War/No More Trouble

Biko

Don't Worry

Talkin' 'Bout A Revolution

Better Man

Chanda Mama

Love Rescue Me

A Change Is Gonna Come

The afternoon feels like a glass of Vilya. So Vilya it is.

Disturbed...yes, the band...doing Sound of Silence...this absolutely blew me away., in the same way that Johnny Cash's Hurt did. :shock: :worshippy:

What a fitting way to savor my last sips of the nonpareil Parabola.

I wonder how many here are like me and have particular artists that they tend to listen to when drinking absinthe? For me, it's Peter Murphy. If I even listen to his music at any other time I immediately crave a glass.

While I've reached the point where i think I smell absinthe pretty much all day long, I have not yet reached the point where it mandates specific music. Is that the next step on the absinthe degeneracy trail? :twitchsmile:

Belewfripp- that happens to me too sometimes! I'll be somewhere and all of a sudden smell absinthe. That doesn't happen with any other spirit. I wonder if that's common among us?