Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Ah, Mimi Farina.

She may not have quite had her sister's nonpareil voice, but what a stunner she was.

Thanks for that early collegiate trip down memory lane, A.J. :arrr:

Been immersing ourselves in a lot of Pynchon lately. Doing so caused the ghostly image of Richard Farina to pop back into our fog-filled memory. Nice songwriter and a darn fine novelist, too. May he and Mimi both R.I.P. :arrr:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Like a lot of Tom Waits work - some of it is a bit raw for me, but there you are. Years ago, when I was living in Chicago, and Waits was doing his "Frank's Wild Years" thing there live, I saw him standing (posing perhaps) in his trademark '50s dude garb against the wall of what used to be the public library on Michigan avenue. As I passed I said: "I like your work, man." He mumbled something in return and that was my brush with weirdness, if not greatness.

That's a pretty sweet story, distill. :thumbup: Nice of you not to pester him either. Most folks often forget that celebrities are just people, too.

Edited by Alfred Jarry

She's something else with that thing, and any instrument she plays. And that voice :heart: .
This is mine a fretless double pot bottle neck gourd banjo with Nylgut strings. Not that my playing is anything at all compared to hers, or yours for that matter. I just like to bang around and make noise. I also have a handmade fretless mountain banjo that I built, and a Deering Goodtime that I use Nylgut strings on, that I can't do justice to neither.

25678184482_6ccb0d4a0c_c.jpg

She's something else with that thing, and any instrument she plays. And that voice :heart: .

I've been a fan for years, she's absolutely incredible. :heart: :heart:

I like your taste in music, Alfred - KC, the VU - good stuff.

I'm currently listening to Ed Kuepper. Not well know outside Australia, but one of my favorites.

Edited by belewfripp