Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Yep! Harold Budd and Moon and the Melodies rank along one of my fave Cocteaus records along with Victorialand. In fact all of Harold Budds records should make a mention, along with the early Eno collaborations on EG Editions.

Ulrich Schnauss we do play from time to time of course! As is with his compatriot on Morr Music - F.S Blumm is in my opinion a modern Satie reincarnate.

Kompakt Records Pop Ambient Various Artists series is a good place to start for great compilations which are out there.. the latest 2013 compilation is on of the best.

For those who want to start out experiencing some higher consciousness expanding kosmiche synth music can start here -

http://jdemmanuel.com/

For our program you can stream here, even listen live on sundays- shows been going since 1994, we are an independent station so theres no commercial gain in this plug I gather.. so Enjoy :twitchsmile:

http://rtrfm.com.au/shows/ambientzone/

Edited by gee13

Sorry forgot to add that was Monsoon..Sheila Chandra and Berthe De Joux..Tonight I got a little nostalgic and brought out some Stone Roses Bsides on Vinyl- Mersey Paradise and Where Angels Play...with some Rubis... and had to flip for Aside She Bangs the Drums..

Classique!

Oh yeah we re so excited to see Swervedriver playing a complete RAISE album set from circa 90s live tonight. Im loading UP on Roquette, La Grenuoille, Berthe de Joux for this special occasion. Because in 1998 this was the gig I dated my now lovely wife..and we re now still married and going strong :D ...though I get to drink all the absinthe collection as she doesnt like it....

Slerpis. I dunno. That never went down too easily for me. It was interesting though. Quite unusual.

Had some friends over.Listening to Dexter Gordon,Miles Davis,& a few jazz guitarists.On the table was Ridge V,Duplais,Jade NO,BlancheTraditionelle #5.and some Un Sapin Pine Liqueur. Very nice gathering :thumbup:

Agree, Absinthe gels with cool jazz as well as the variety championed by Wayne Shorter and Weather Report. Now to pull up some of that early classic Quintet ala Miles Davis, Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Wayne Shorter and Tony Williams. Theres a Parisienne connection too...

Btw aside from jazz im listening to a classic avant rock album by Mercury Rev from Buffalo NY ..Yer Self Is Steam ...complete with some Meadow of Love from the other side of the world on a fine spring afternoon.. much love to JB for this

Man, what a wonderful thread this turned out to be...,such wonderful people, times, experiences,such wonderful music we are here to hear,Thank you God for Absinthe and all of Us..

Jetzster