Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Jessica Comeau
For a long time I thought a "cantiga" was a Spanish dance... I have since learned that this piece is actually one of the "Cantigas de Santa Maria" composed by Alphonso X in the 13th century, a sequence of songs dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God. Many of these cantigas had a rather lively character, so I suppose they could be played as dances, too! This cantiga especially features the drone on the mountain dulcimer... Arr. by Jessica Comeau (Pensacola Mountain Dulcimer Wildflowers) (C-G-C tuning, capo 1, D Minor).

next time i'm having a dose i'll be putting on an album by "the books"

Edited by simon

Hey guys, Ive found that ambient music is thoroughly suited to the absinthe experience - types of electronic music including the neo-kosmiche revival. Also Ive found that the early classical minimal pieces also work - particularly Erik Satie and some Debussy. Id like to know about any other EUropean composers in the realm of Satie The gymnopedie suites are sublime for the verte hour.

Not to be too much of a shameless plug but you can listen to the best of ambient electronica on Ambient Zone - restreams or Live every Sunday

http://rtrfm.com.au/shows/ambientzone/

Everything from Black Dog, Boards of Canada to the new realms of Emeralds, Oneohtrix Point Never and beyond.. including Historical music from BBC Radiophonic,Terry Reilly and Steve Reich.

Perfect accompaniment music IMHO.

Check out our recent shows - including the outer reaching Kosmische Feature on the 16/6

We also did a Board of Canada special to herald their new album on the 9/6

ENJOY the FREQUENCIES :)

Hey guys I reckon the best music to listen to whilst louching around is ambient electronics. Theres a strong neo kosmiche wave of music currently - from Emeralds, Oneohtrix Point Never, Expo 70 etc.. etc... revising the musicworks of Ashra Tempel, Popol Vuh, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk etc I also think the minimal works of Erik Satie, Claude Debussy and related Belle Epoque classical musicians are perfectly suited. Anything dreamy and out there really.. Im involved in an online music radioshow that plays a lot of ambient and electronic music. Im pretty new here but can anyone or mods advise whether I can post our url link so I can share the music via restreams? Because it is a case of drinking absinthe to make music to drink absinthe to.. (apologies to spacemen 3)

Love the dreamy sometimes including, with some of yours that I have, Ulrich Schnauss and even the Cocteau Twins (especially with Harold Budd like the "Mood and the Melodies"). Plenty of that in my collection of oddities.

The "Tired Eyes Slowly Burning" album by the Tear Garden has been worn out on vinyl, cassette and CD, over the years. While not categorized as ambient, per se, it's about as dreamy as anything I've ever heard.

Dunno if you can share a stream but I, for one, would definitely like to listen in at some point.