Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Perhaps the cowbell references are getting more than a bit tired. However, fear not. I will ask for no creativity, originality or other means of providing amusement. I hate unreasonable requests.

:drunk:

Here are my Top Ten Drinking Songs (in no particular order, just the ones I thought of):

A Case Of You - Joni Mitchell (A stretch, but it mentions bitter & sweet.)

God Loves A Drunk - Richard Thompson (Norma Waterson covered this well.)

Chug-A-Lug - Roger Miller (Makes you wanna holler, "Hi-de-ho!")

Bottle Of Wine - Tom Paxton (The Kingston Trio & Jimmy Gilmer covered this.)

Barstool Blues - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

WPLJ - The Mothers Of Invention

The Piano Bas Been Drinking - Tom Waits (So many to choose from!)

The Philosophers' Song - Monty Python

Salt Of The Earth - The Rolling Stones

Alcohol - The Kinks (Damn it all & blow it all!)

:cheers:

I tend to listen to Delerium alot and some vocal trance. Every now and again I like to go back to  the stuff from my youth, Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, Hawkwind, Clapton.......

Oh yea and Vangelis.

I thought I'd forgotten some of them. I didn't remember Hawkwind until you mentioned them. Anyone remember Blue Öyster Cult? (I don't have any of these records any more. Left behind along with other detritus of life during a move at some point.)

Now I listen to a bit of Chopin piano occasionally, but mostly it's Jerry and friends or Einstürzende Neubauten.

I used to listen to Blue Oyster Cult quite a bit in the 80's. The albums are gone but the memories remain. The 70's and 80's music works. Go back to the 60's and I was listening to "underground" music on the FM dial. AM was the norm then.

I'm back to AM again ;)

Guillaume- My favorite Joni Mitchell drinking song is "Raised on Robbery". It reminds me of a great song by... wait for it... Dwight Yokum, called "Sorry you Asked?"

The premise of both songs is that you, the listener, have made the mistake of sitting down next to a chatty drunk who is now rambling through their life's story. At the end of Joni's song, the listener gets up and leaves, and Joni's drunk begs you not leave until you've finished your drink. In Dwight's song, the volume comically trails off as Dwight's drunk starts yet another rambling verse about what was wrong with his in-laws...

I used to listen to Blue Oyster Cult quite a bit in the 80's. The albums are gone but the memories remain. The 70's and 80's music works. Go back to the 60's and I was listening to "underground" music on the FM dial. AM was the norm then.

I'm back to AM again  ;)

I read somewhere that AM is coming back. Here in Walton, we get one radio station. And it plays both kinds of music: Country and Western. :) But with internet radio I can listen to lots of different music not locally available. I don't do that often, but it's interesting to try every now and then.

Just checked out the BOC website. Google "Blue Oyster Cult". Ah, now I remember some of their songs. I was stoned most of the time back in the 70's. At least that's my excuse.

Listening now to GD Fillmore West recordings from Feb 28, 1969. And I just heard, yes, it's true: cowbell! Gotta go and turn it up.... Cowbell. :cheers:

:) Just saw Robin Trower again in concert, the man is rockin better than he ever was after 30+ years!Bridge of Sighs beautiful fantastic show! on the edge of a very preety lake at Knocti resort in Northern Calif, it was a dinner area seating section up front (Prime rib buffet before the show started),so got a couple of Kübler minis made up ahead of time(reused some minis) ,stashed em,had them during the concert with the fresh cold table water glasses!Excellent Sipping during the concert!Kübler rockin ! :P

I've been listening to LunaChicks quite a bit lately. I consider it therapeutic. T73 has been listening to Michael Franti's newest. He considers it therapeutic too.

Lately it's been a mix of 60's and 70's music. Sometimes nostalgia is better than talk radio in the morning.

KOMA 1520 on the AM dial. I used to listen to it as I travelled around the country on clear nights.

A couple of the DJ's are still there from when I was growing up. Talk about genuine. 40 plus years doing music on the radio.

Please pardon the rambling. :cheers:

That movie is a fav. And "Mad World" from that soundtrack is such a beautiful song. Have you heard the original, by Tears for Fears? If you check it out, do also listen to "The Hurting" from the same album (which is entitled "The Hurting").