Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

I've gotten way into finger style guitarists after seeing the Candy Rat Records tour. I implore you to ckeck out the likes of

, and
. I also enjoy listening to Morphine and anything involving David Byrne, while chasing the green fairy.

What'a that? No love for

??? :wheelchair:

"Top Floor, Bottom Buzzer" is one of my favorite Morphine songs, and love how Mark never really specified which was the "good" Chartreuse. Too bad about him dying, but he went out doing some he loved.

Edited by baubel

Baubel, my apologies if you are already in the know, but Sandman did two albums with the band Treat Her Right before starting Morphine. They have some of the same styles, but are less jazzy and more blusey. You can find a mix of Treat Her Right and Morphine B-Sides on the double disc + DVD set, The Sandbox.

I was completely clueless about Sandman's previous work. Although I like a lot of the jazz notes of Morphine, I'm interested in Treat Her Right. I almost like that name better. ;)

I was completely clueless about Sandman's previous work. Although I like a lot of the jazz notes of Morphine, I'm interested in Treat Her Right. I almost like that name better. ;)

Haha! Flaw in the matrix. My browser loaded to a blank page I hit the reload button. Suppose I should have grabbed the info in the address line, but I didn't think fast enough. All it ended with was .php though. Damn semi-pixel photographic memory.

Edited by baubel

In German, the Obertongesang. Overtone singing. Similar to Tibetan throat singing. But this guy is really a master. I heartily suggest sipping on a glass of absinthe and listening to the full 6 minutes and 13 seconds, it is truly worth it. I keep this clip saved for when the stresses of life feel overwhelming, there is something about it that helps me re-center.

My choice for this evening was a glass of 4-year old Belle Amie, by the way :cheers:

Butterfly & Wolfgang Press

Which album?

One of my all time favorite bands. Standing up Straight is a desert island classic for me.

I take it you're a fan of 4AD?

Which album?

One of my all time favorite bands. Standing up Straight is a desert island classic for me .

The Burden of Mules

You`re so right...4AD has been a favorite label for a pretty long time