Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Midival Pundits and that last round of Leopolds as I grudgingly get off my ass and make dinner. Got "the Golem(1920) on the TV, set to repeat for atmosphere. What a gorgeous film.

Sipping Montmartre listening to the ringing in my ears left by Agent Orange!

Ahhh, memories...."Blood stains! Speed Kills! Fast cars, cheap thrills! Rich girls, fine wine: I've lost all sense I've lost control I've lost my mind!"

Fuck yeah, good punk rock, cowbwoy. Right now I'm trying to psych myself up for a review of LF Bohemian so I've got the 2nd side of "We Have You Surrounded", the new album form The Dirtbombs on the turntable. Mick Collins is a Motown maniac and I am in awe of his awesomeness.

I try to catch The Dirtbombs every time they come through Chapel Hill, but I don't have any of their albums because they are usually quite a weak shadow of them live. The soul goes much deeper than motown too!

Be Bop Deluxe - "Sunburst Finish" album.

Working on a "Winter Mist" cocktail (by local bartender Stephanie Ruhe, as described in the AJC newspaper this week):

Muddle 3 sprigs mint in 1 oz simple syrup

Add 1 3/4 oz gin, 1 oz absinthe, 3/4 oz fresh lime juice.

Shake with ice, strain into martini glass, garnish with mint leaf.

Interesting, but a bit sweet to my taste (I also eschew sugaring my absinthe).

Must update my sig after re-hearing the following line in "Life in the Air Age" that goes:

"Beneath the stars there are the bars that serve the bitter drink..."

I like to listen to a variety of music while drinking absinthe. Lately I've been listening to the Beatles "Rubber Soul" album as well as some Dire Straits("Sultans of Swing"). No matter what music I listen to, it seems that while under the influence of absinthe, I can hear little details and nuances in the music that I normally would overlook, and the music always sound more shimmery and is heard with greater fidelity than I would normally hear it. Absinthe makes my 20 year old stereo sound like a million bucks! B)

First an admission that I didn't read through all 57 pages :)

If I'm taking the time to sit and sip then I'm generally in a mood to chill. If I'm in the mood to chill, it's generally Loren Mazzacane Connors, Haruomi Hosono, Howard Shore's score to Cronenberg's Crash ... etc.

Man top last night... I had Verte Suisse first absinthe in almost a year, add to that Genesis: Genesis on SACD in pure DSD setup with paradigm studio series v3. Then added some billy joel The Stranger also SACD in DSD. I forgot what a pure joy a glass of good absinthe is...I vow to not let a whole year go by again between glasses.

Pouring and Louching: Rachmaninov - Prelude in C Sharp Minor

Sipping and Enjoying: Opeth - Pretty much anything off the Damnation album I.E. Weakness, Windowpane, To Rid the Disease.

Just created a Pandora station to accompany my glass of absinthe, using Edith Piaf as the key, and what should come up first?

"Autumn Leaves (Les feuilles mortes)"

It's a SIGN, I tell ya. A SIGN.