Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

With a glass of Edouard I'm going to listen to an old Explosions in the Sky album, How Strange, innocence. It's one I've never heard before. I might listen to some Rheostatics too. "Whale music?" I'll probably incorporate some other songs from other bands too.

:twitchsmile: Jealous. :cheers:

I'm going to have some scumi wine and listen to The Fire in our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw by the band Pelican.

Sipping Kübler 53 (recently arrived from drinkupny.com), listening to The Complete On The Corner Sessions by Miles Davis (recently downloaded from iTunes). Life is good. :cheers:

post-582-1191652957.jpg

Okay how the heck do you even hear of bands called Pelican?

I've only heard of A Flock of Seagulls.

Don't forget about the Cocteau Twins or bands like the Yardbirds.

Peach liqueur and later some scumi wine while listening to a little Pelican and Weezer's Pinkerton. I think it'd be good for me. ;) :cheers:

...listening to The Complete On The Corner Sessions by Miles Davis (recently downloaded from iTunes).
Got the SACD release. Haven't heard it in a while. Must revisit.

Dead Can Dance as I fall asleep sipping on an enigma: Water.

G'night

A safe combination, MPC.

I find myself believing that I can actually understand Lisa Gerrard's "singing in tongues" when I listen to Dead Can Dance after enough absinthe. :twitchsmile:

Built to Spill.

I thought I founded that group at the first WS gathering.

Oh, wait, that was the Green Stains.

Carry on. :)

When i'm drinking and relaxing, i mostly listen to :

Ulver

Me too! But based on your other listings I bet you're not listening to "Bergtatt", "Kveldsjanger", "Nattens Madrigal", and "Themes from William Blake's the Marriage of Heaven and Hell" like me. :)

Enigma seems to be fond of Gregorian chanting, so I would think a monkish brew, or distillate, might be a more appropriate accompaniment than water. :devil:

This is true, this is true. Living on the edge tonight and drinking an ebullient enigma they call Perrier. Listening to Edward Ka-Spel.

Mmmm, enemas.

Warm, watered-down red wine enemas... :police:

Dave van Ronk and Glenlivet 12 yo.

Perfect evening after closing Mill on the Floss and watching "Microcosmos" with the girls.

Ah, "Microcosmos"! I was so impatient to get a copy of it a few years ago that I bought the PAL version and transcoded it into NTSC. Shared with a few family members so they could watch it too. Truly a lovely film. My kids thoroughly enjoyed it as well. The same crew released "Genesis" nearly a decade after "Microcosmos". It is likewise engaging, but nowhere near as enchanting.