Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

Nope. It's political so I don't know if it's kosher 'round here. One of the last english classes I took covered a couple of the writers in it though. B)

Yup. Despite Nicholson's small part, I thought he did a good job, as usual.

PF 1901, listening to Conner.

Ubu- From what I've heard so far from Quasi, they're not bad, but I need to hear more before I decide on buying an album.

Sipping on some St. Etienne XO Rhum Agricole and listening to the Charles Richardson interviews with Gerard Hoffnung.

My late grandad bought the album for me as a Christmas gift about 10 years ago now, I think. I still find it just as funny as I did then.

For those of you that have subscriptions to Audible.com and like the classic Brittish humor, I highly recommend it.

We went to a fantastic live show last night.....great blues music from a Seattle group-the Mark Riley Trio. Incredible sounds come from his guitar! He isn't on;y a player-he has made guitars for some of the best known players. His drummer has more extras mounted for fun sounds than we have ever seen-no wonder he is nominated for an award this year. Bass player also incredible. Lucky, lucky us.

ohhh that's good to hear!! We might be seeing them next month at the Hollywood Bowl and I wasn't sure how they'd be live. Then again, sounding like that how could they NOT be fun live??

I'm currently listening to the dear hunter. They have a great sound that I think most of you will like ESPECIALLY their first cd. If anyone is interested check out their tunes on myspace http://www.myspace.com/thedearhunter and if you're a little more curious about their first cd let me know and we can figure out a way for me to get you a copy of the first one, the second one, or both. I hope everyone's having a great night!

Finally got around to transferring an old cassette of music by Victory Acres entitled "Based on Smell" to the computer and converting it to mp3 format. Sure, the quality is rough, but it reminds me of the fun music scene in Phoenix back in the late 70's/early 80's. Chris Kirkwood (of Meat Puppets fame) was in Victory Acres, while it lasted... They had a few memorable songs, including "Wings of Satan" that still hold up today.

I finally identified another oldie from a recording off the radio in Tucson (many years ago): "Hey Judas" by Carmaig de Forest. Seems odd it took so long, but upon finding it again in my cassette collection, I turned to the almighty internet. Lo and behold, a scrap of lyric lead me to Carmaig and the entertaining Midnight Ukulele Disco site.

Too much fun.

Tivo'd Modest Mouse on Austin City Limits the other night.

Rocks.

Also, just put in a 'season pass' for Live from Abbey Road on Sundance.

And the video..

Same here, especially after a few drinks because that's when they really think they sound good! Broken glass and broken ear drums.

Barely grazed the surface of Current 93's discography. Did like "Crowleymass" when I first heard it on a mix tape (pre-CD daze...) back in '87?

They (or should I say, David Tibet) kind of switched gears in the late 80's, and developed a style that has often been called "apocolyptic folk". The newest release, "Black Ships Ate the Sky", is in my opinion their best album. I hate guests on albums, but one in every few tracks has a different person interpreting the Wesley hymn "Idumaea". People like Marc Almond, Shirley Collins, Antony, and Cosey Fanni Tutti. The concept of the album is based on a dream Tibet had about the end of the world.