Jetzster

Sipping Absinthe ;) Listenin' to Music

A fine bunch from just down the hill from me. The

! Don't know what I'm drinking with it yet. Haven't made it to the cabinet yet. (Headed that a way) :cheers:

Yo-yo Ma is always brilliant but the Goat Rodeo Sessions cd is staggering.... and I can't stop listening to

...and sipping on a Ridge V... it is heaven indeed.

Edited by crow

Amazing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I never heard Yo Yo Ma "slum it" before,I only know of his classical recordings.Fantastic vocal harmonies!!!! Also I didn't think musicians all got together for "corporate" recording sessions anymore.You don't get that kind of musical conversation,transfer of energy,expression,and dynamics by sending the producer your part over the computer!

Edited by redwun

Yep. Pretty awesome. I've been a big fan of Chris Thile ever since he was with

. Then moved on to form the Punch Brothers . Awesome mandolinist. And well Stuart Duncan Godamighty I love that clawhammerin' he's doing on that old banjo! He can sit on my porch and fiddle til the cows come home. Especially if he plays '
with the eyes that sparkle'. Sorry, I get just a little excited when i hear music that stirs my blood. Thank you Ms. Crow. Edited by Songcatcher

I never heard Yo Yo Ma "slum it" before,I only know of his classical recordings.

I do love his classical stuff, especially his solo recordings, but his work on the Silk Road Project (a program he founded to bring together music traditions from around the world) is some of my favorite music.

Edited by crow

Very nice. But now I have to share

My apologies.

An awfully talented young man fiddling

"Ashokan was the name of a Catskill Region village in Ulster County of New York state that is now mostly covered by the Ashokan Reservoir. "Ashokan" means "Place of many fishes" or "Where waters converge"

Listening to Tom Waits' cover of "What Keeps Mankind Alive" by Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill

Smoking an Acid Krush Classic Blue Connecticut

Edited by Alfred Jarry

Those cows seem to have a considerably longer attention span than many smartphone junkies.

Edited by Absomphe

Clifton Hicks doing a fine version of a good little dancing tune,

on a handmade mountain banjo with some Pacifique. Well, I'm having the Pacifique and Cliff is playing the banjo. :cheers: Edited by Songcatcher

That was a quick recovery from your "big mistake," sir! Congratulations for that, and thanks for the Rodriguez link - he's new to me.

That was a quick recovery from your "big mistake," sir! Congratulations for that, and thanks for the Rodriguez link - he's new to me.

I'm not that much of a man, Jay. The night I wrote about happened on Wednesday. You are quite welcome for the link. Rodriguez has a really interesting story where he released most of his songs in 1970, but did not know anybody was listening to them until the late 90's because nobody was listening in the US. This despite his being from Michigan. Was working as a regular Joe and then found out people around the world had been listening to his music for decades.

Edited by Strange Botwin

I haven't listened to his second album yet, but I have a reissue of his first one and it's pretty great. I hope a repeat of his story will happen for a lot of other unsung musicians. Tonight it's Ridge (blanche) with Linda Perhacs.