TheLoucheyMonster!

Knarr Absinthe from Immortal Spirits

I've been in touch with the owner of the distillery. Apparently, their hours are sporadic right now.

The bottles are the 375 ml size.

I'll make an appt. to pick up a couple of bottles. One for sharing and one for here.

I'll do that this afternoon.

Note: My trip to the courthouse was pushed back a couple of hours....so, I've let Jesse (owner) know he'll be receiving an email from you.

Edited by Hedonmonkey

I haven't heard back from this distiller. Perhaps if someone with a "name" wants to pursue it, they will bother to follow through.

Just letting it be known that there has been nothing but dead air since mid June. I'm sure they have their reasons, however, I won't be going out of my way to chase down a bottle of their verte.

If/When it becomes reasonably and readily available, I'll look into it again.

Edited by Hedonmonkey

This could be promising, but did they HAVE to mention Van Gough?

Yes, they did...evidently the Swiss passed a law....

It seems that Jesse is currently having the OLCC listing completed.

As with the recent addition of Pacifique to the stores, Oregonians may be able to order/pick it up locally.

Although, I would imagine this will be somewhat easier around the Portland area, where stores are larger and owners more willing to stock something that isn't an item proven to sell.

As far as samples go, there may very well be members living north of me that will be able to obtain it sooner and with less effort than I.

C'est la vie.

:cheers:

Thanks for keeping up with this, Hed.

If and when I come across a bottle of this in my PacNW travels, I'll post an update here myself.

Still haven't heard from the producers. If anyone's interested in picking up a bottle for me, I'd be happy to reimburse, and add a little something on the side in a gesture of thanks.

Got the bottle in this week. Thanks! You know who you are. The flying monkeys will be bringing you something nice in return.

Will give it a go as soon as my sinuses clear up.

I'm able to get in. Y'all should throw some geritol in your absinthe once in a while like Abs, it helps keep the memory active so it's easier to remember so many dang passwords. It works for me. :pirate:

Thanks for the review Brian. The title says all I needed to know, but I read the whole thing anyway.

Edited by baubel

Ouch! Too bad it was such an endeavor to finally get a bottle of it (not for me, but for Brian.)

Sad, that with the resources available here at the WS, they went down the crapsinthe road.

Edit: I never meant to quote Ambear ( a violation of rules, and not my intention, since she seems to be happy about the reward for hunting down the subject at hand).

Edited by Miguel