#1 TheLoucheyMonster!

TheLoucheyMonster!

Really Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 03:08 AM

I meant to say 'inspired by Monet'

Quoted from The Vibe
The cocktail I discovered takes inspiration from the series of paintings and is called Nymphéas. The creator, Alessandro Paiva, was captivated by Le Bassin aux Nymphéas, Harmonie Rose in the Musée d’Orsay that he sought to incorporate ingredients echoed in the painting and the artist. The base of the cocktail is absinthe. Numerous artists and writers living in France in the late 19th and early 20th century were noted absinthe drinkers. Lavender tea is the second ingredient, used because of the lavender blossom that grew in the garden at Giverny. Finally, drawing on Monet’s Still Life with Apples and Grapes, both these fruits complete the solution. Definitely not the faint-hearted as it is rather strong, but definitely worth a try if you want something different.

In a cocktail shaker:
• 1 part absinthe
• 3 parts lavender tea (sugarless)
• 1 part grape juice
• 3 parts apple juice
• 1 part curaçao bleu
• Lots of ice
Garnish with lime and apple peels

Edited by TheLoucheyMonster!, 13 June 2011 - 03:13 AM.

#2 Ambear

Ambear

Ermahgerd, Erbsernthe

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Definitely not the faint-hearted as it is rather strong...

2 parts alcohol to 7 parts liquid PLUS ice? That's just unheard of... :laugh:

Sounds delicious though...wonder what color it comes out.
Visita Interiora Terrae Rectificando Invenies Occultum Lapidem

Website | Blog | Twitter

#3 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,716 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:43 AM

Sounds interesting. I wonder what it looks like and am imagining the unnamed blue cocktails in
Bunny and the Bull.

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#4 painted bottle

painted bottle

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:38 PM

I meant to say 'inspired by Monet'

Quoted from The Vibe
The cocktail I discovered takes inspiration from the series of paintings and is called Nymphéas. The creator, Alessandro Paiva, was captivated by Le Bassin aux Nymphéas, Harmonie Rose in the Musée d’Orsay that he sought to incorporate ingredients echoed in the painting and the artist. The base of the cocktail is absinthe. Numerous artists and writers living in France in the late 19th and early 20th century were noted absinthe drinkers. Lavender tea is the second ingredient, used because of the lavender blossom that grew in the garden at Giverny. Finally, drawing on Monet’s Still Life with Apples and Grapes, both these fruits complete the solution. Definitely not the faint-hearted as it is rather strong, but definitely worth a try if you want something different.

In a cocktail shaker:
• 1 part absinthe
• 3 parts lavender tea (sugarless)
• 1 part grape juice
• 3 parts apple juice
• 1 part curaçao bleu
• Lots of ice
Garnish with lime and apple peels

Lavender tea.
They would have flavored the water. Boiled and distilled. Some herbs thrown in, to keep bacteria from forming in the water. Mixed with the local fruit. The juices.
edited for grammar, forgotten thoughts and references.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association