Live and Let Clive

Most 'iconic' absinthe?

I saw that. One person's reference to the thujone content in one place doesn't really constitute "advertising in some venues," does it? You seem to be making an assumption about this that doesn't really stack up.

Try googling "Based on a recipe from 1857. 25mg/liter Thujone" and you'll only get the Facebook post (and soon you'll get this one too).

Matt's been spreading the word and seems to be linked to the project in some way (I think maybe website or domain creation of absinthe-superieur.com). Wouldn't you consider that advertising, even if it might be more of an informal nature?

The fact that it was brought up at all shows that it carries some level of importance to them. Re-reading Boggy's 'scientific' article from some years ago seems to reinforce that paradigm.

...keep in mind that we have seen short articles get info wrong. If you ever get into absinthe deeper than 800 words do feel free to ask questions, it's nice to see media poking around and doing research.

I think that regardless of the number of words, accuracy is the preferable outcome. I'd like it if people would do their research, and check their facts, even at 100 words.

Alan Moss has been kind enough to get in touch via a PM, I'll be giving him a ring later today... :)

I'm so glad to hear this. Guaranteed, he will guide you well.

I spoke to Clive. He asked me some good questions and has clearly taken some time to get sound information.

The one question I couldn't answer: what would be the price of a bottle of pre-ban Pernod Fils (from Oxy)? Someone here must have an up-to-date answer to that ...

Edited by Alan Moss

The motorhead song aimed at those who discouraged him? And he can't just let the camera sit. Plus getting others to market his stuff sneakily on FB (painfully obvious from the screenshot posted if you've ever done it yourself, whoops).

In any business those are amateurish actions. Seems bitter and trying too hard to show off.

A good many thanks to all who contributed to this thread, esp Alan Moss who offered his help and a good lengthy telephone chat, and Brian Robinson who let himself be quoted about the wonders of pre-ban Pernod Fils.

The piece has gone out as a bootleg it seems, but will be officially out in a fortnight.

www.wizzmagazine.com

BTW is just me or is this site always quoting the previous post when I hit reply? :huh: