Ether Maiden

Greetings and Salutations

I think my family got more amusement out of it. They know how picky an eater I am. At a restaurant where each persons meal cost $70, I figured I better eat everything.

The Jade brand of Absinthe is made with grape wine spirits as it's alcohol base. Does this make Jade not Kosher?

Unless the makers of Jade happen to be shomer shabbat (observant of the sabbath) jews, yes this would make it not kosher. Now, in this case it's not trayfe (lit. "unclean") but it's not Kosher.

Sometimes I think maybe the secret ingredient in Nouvelle Orleans is Bacon, which I guess would make it non-kosher.

Resurrecting my old intro post, as I have returned from a long period of absence. Older now, graduated (BFA), working, considering grad school, still in PA. Avid gardener, home-canner, and all around old-fashioned-y homemaker of sorts.

My old invitation of "Any questions?" still stands. Ask, and I might answer.

It's good to be back!

Damn. Where have I seen that avatar before? And no, I don't mean the foolishness that some of you might be thinking of.

Damn. Where have I seen that avatar before?

Do you happen to haunt, or did you happen to in the past, any other forums? I've used this avatar elsewhere in the past.

What kinds of things do you get to home can? Veggies? Fruits?

Veggies, fruits, jams, jellies, pickles, soups, chili, all manner of things which can be canned!

Once again, I resurrect my old thread. Years have passed, life has changed. I've moved cross-country and am now back in the Pacific NW, living in the South Everett area, actually not terribly far from my childhood stomping grounds of Edmonds (at least not in the grand scheme of things, compared to living in Pennsylvania!).

The move was fairly spur-of-the-moment. I came to visit my best friend this summer, and during a tearful AIM/text discussion via smartphone finally realized that I was miserable in my almost 7-year relationship which had kept me in Pittsburgh all that time. I was being abused, and finally admitted it. So I returned to Pittsburgh, left my partner and in doing so uprooted everything stable I'd ever known. I'll be better for it in the end, but now even though it's half a year later, I'm still having a rough time coming to terms with it.

So I'm back in Washington, and I'm trying to rebuild myself and build a new life. Trying to make myself be social. Trying to get myself out into the working world (I'd been working in Pittsburgh, but now I need to find something stable here in WA). Trying to not let the trauma of it all get the better of me.

So yeah, I'm back. This is a much more personal and in-depth intro than I've done in the past, and I hope it doesn't scare anyone off. Any questions still applies, so go for it.

Glad to be back, in all interpretations of that.

I should say here as well, (I forgot to previously) that I have changed my nick here to Ether Maiden from martygreene. With all the changes in my life, I have more-or-less abandoned my nick which has served me so well all these years, and have adopted my lesser-used alternate as my new persona.

So, if you don't recognise this nick, you may recognise "martygreene".

I do, indeed.

Welcome back, and here's to happiness and contentment in your new life. :cheers:

I do, indeed.

Welcome back, and here's to happiness and contentment in your new life. :cheers:

Thanks! Now I'm local too, so I might actually be able to meet some of you folk!