Sign in to follow this  
Big Mike

Flash sale this weekend at Liqueur De France

Hi guys,

I just got an email from Liqueurs De France offering 40 percent off this weekend, or maybe it's just May 29.

Sounds like a good time to buy a few bottles of Butterfly and maybe try L'Ilalienne..

I wish they had La Grenouille. Reading the reviews makes me want to give it a try.

All the best!

MIKE

As much as I like Enigma (VdF) absinthe verte, and as much as I joke about mixing things with cola, I had nothing to do with the "Dirty Secret" cocktail they mentioned in that e-mail. Here's the recipe from their website though:

"1 measure Enigma verte absinthe

3 measures cola

garnish with a lime wedge

Pour 25ml of absinthe into a Old Fashioned glass filled with cracked ice, top up with cola and squeeze the lime over the glass. Garnish with the lime wedge."

I'm on their mailing list but never got that notice. Would someone please forward me that email to: zcatman1 AT aol DOT com Thanks!

I was about to ask the same thing Derrick. I am on the mailing list and haven't received an email yet. Can you maybe just post anymore details (i.e. checkout code) here, Big Mike? Thank you for the heads up though. Sounds like a great deal if it pans out.

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £100!

Buy Absinthe Buy Glassware Buy Spoons RumRunners Special Offers

Bank holiday flash sale up to 40% off LDF Newsletter May 2011

As a special treat for our US customers only we are running our first 'Flash Sale'. For a limited period all beverages on our site will be available at deep discounts of up to 40%. Read on...

New Products for June

As part of our continued expansion of our range of products we are pleased to announce that we will be stocking a range of Combier fruit syrups. Combier syrups are made from carefully selected fruit juices and sugar syrup blended in copper basins. Combier syrups are of high quality and provide an excellent base for cocktails. We will initially have their Gomme syrup, Grenadine, Orgeat and Cassis. The syrups will be available from 1st June.

More info

Return of the Butterfly

To say that we have experienced problems in receiving stock for this item would be to put it mildly...but it is here now, and once again, stocks are limited so buy it while you can.

Buy now

Dirty Secret

We are always experimenting with new cocktail recipes for absinthe. When one of our customers suggested Enigma and Coke we were very skeptical - but then it took us years to try the Suissesse and that is now our favourite. So here is our Dirty Secret (as it was named after several glasses)

1 measure Enigma verte absinthe

3 measures cola

garnish with a lime wedge

Pour 25ml of absinthe into an Old Fashioned glass filled with cracked ice, top up with cola and squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Garnish with the lime wedge.

The Flash Sale

Here is how it works. 1). All beverages will be discounted by 25% until May 31st (ends midnight UK time). No minimum purchase required and orders over £100 are shipped free of charge. 2). All beverage purchases over £100 made before midnight UK time on May 29th are discounted by 40% and are shipped free of charge. To activate the discounts enter MAYFLASH in the coupon code.

Privacy Statement

You have received this email because you signed up to our newsletter or purchased items from us in the past 12 months. If you do not wish to receive further Newsletters from us click here to unsubscribe.

I was slowly doing research to pick out a bottle or two and going "Ooo...this might be nice to try." Then I got to Matter's page. :dribble:

Money gone.

Thanks for the share, Big Mike! I'm bummed that I didn't place an order before the Butterfly went out of stock, but I'll probably be able to find something to sub it with ;)

Looks like a good deal, but by booze budget for this month is going off to Joe and Jules in Montanabananaland

:3872-DrunkBanana:

Seconded.

I was slowly doing research to pick out a bottle or two and going "Ooo...this might be nice to try." Then I got to Matter's page. :dribble:

Money gone.

Yea Matter can do that, they did that to me back in the old pre legal in USA order days...

Damn you, Oliver!

I still have a few of the old Matter protos stuck back somewhere. Maybe we'll drink one (or more) in June.

Too many good deals from LdF.

Yeah...I definitely spent about $200. But that was 5 bottles worth! Good thing my student loan money hasn't arrived yet, I probably would have had a bit less self control. :dev-cheers:

Sweeeeet! Thanks for the heads up and the info. I haven't even gotten through all the bottles that came this week, but it will be good to keep the pipeline full. :cheers:

The only problem is I spend half the work day wishing I were home to be drinking the stuff and the other half trying to track down the shipments.

Bad timing for me too having bought 3X Pacifique and a VC last Thursday. I'm hoping viridian gets the lingering jades in this summer.

If I didn't get an allowance there'd be no left overs. Besides $100 a week makes it tough to buy absinthe unless I can find it on sale. :wave2:

A couple hours after I received the newsletter from them, I took a look and the items I really wanted were already "temporarily out of stock". (dammit) :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Same here. Guess we were looking at the same stuff. Though, I still did manage to order five bottles. What a bargain.

Thanks again, Big Mike, for the info.

I got a chuckle out of today's newsletter. I never received anything about the flash sale from LDF, but I did get today's newsletter that mentioned it after the fact. :insertappropriateemoticonhere:

I also noticed Butterfly was back in stock a day or two after the sale ended. In fairness, I'm sure a whole lot of retailers earmark a certain portion of their stock as being "exempted" from sales. I won't argue the ethics of that, although perhaps a phrase other than "temporarily out of stock" should be used in favor of something more like "no 'sinthe for you!"

I know in some cases it has to do with getting rid of old stock when you have a bunch of new stuff coming in. Markdown on almost-expired meats at the grocery store? I know I'm all over those.