Brian Robinson

Recent Spike in Reviews

You are making an assumption that I am trying to discourage others (something for which you give me far to much credit of weilding such power)

really?

Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

With all due respect, I beg to differ. There are some individuals that would best serve the process by not starting.

That seems like a pretty cut and dry example of trying to discourage people.

I am just trying to understand the process and the objectives clearly. It is the engineer in me. Thank you for all the information. :cheers:

In real life, I'm as analytic as they come. But I've also learned to be flexible and to turn off that side of my brain when needed, as many of my clients would have steam coming out of their ears if I told them everything that went into their financial analysis.

Let it go. Switch it off. Have a little fun. :cheers:

There has been a lot of talk from new folks about being ready or experienced enough to write reviews,

and I mentioned this casually today in a newby's intro thread, but will expand on it here:

For new folks who may not know about it, Brian and Gwydion wrote and published the Wormwood Society Absinthe Tasting Journal. Its link is visible on the right side of the main page. I have a copy, and it is a good resource and easy way to keep all your thoughts in one place. It even has a follow-up section for revisits of each absinthe you review. I think it is a good way for new folks to feel more comfy jumping

into the water, as it is both a guide, and journal at the same time.

Just sharing, and making a suggestion. I feel it is important to support any effort by our members to better the world of absinthe, and these two guys certainly have put in the time to deserve a modest and sincere plug.

Best, Scott

...I'd really like some recent production of Obsello. That's one where I don't want to do it an injustice of posting a review based on the bottle I have (first production, about 30 months old), but because of that bottle, I'm not comfortable buying another.

I'd be happy to go in on one with you. I have some left of my first bottle I bought a while ago, and I still dig it. Also still have to write a review. :twitchsmile: