Brian Robinson

Recent Spike in Reviews

Hey all. Just wanted to thank those of you who have decided to get on the ball and submit more reviews. We really appreciate all of the help. The more reviews we get, the more rounded out the scores become, helping to crowd out the outliers. Further, it simply adds to the level of credibility that our entire Society has with the general public.

So once again, thank you so much. Keep at it. :yahoo:

No more reviews from me until I'm an expert, damnit!

Sorry, Brian, just havin' a little birthday weekend fun. ;) :cheers:

I admit a large part of why I didn't participate on WS and the forum until I did is that it was only 3 or 4 reviews and some absinthes hadn't been tried at all, making it difficult to judge the real average for how good something was. When it finally came time for me to buy my own absinthe, I ended up having to rely on...well, that other place, for figuring out what was going to be legitimate absinthe so I didn't end up with something awful. I was pleasantly surprised when I stopped by here again last year and saw there was a little more going on. Now that I've drank a bit more than just Lucid, I'm happy to try to contribute as much as I can to something I'm passionate about. :cheers:

ANOTHER birthday? :reaper:

Added my $0.02 to the data pile. :)

At first, years seem like decades, now they seem like months. :(

Edited by Miguel

Yeah, it's weird how they happen every year like that, isn't it? :blink:

What were they like before dirt? :wheelchair:

Yeah, it's weird how they happen every year like that, isn't it? :blink:

What were they like before dirt? :wheelchair:

:laf: (sorry Abs, but that was funny!)

As John Valby (Dr. Dirty) was so fond of singing at UB beer blasts...

Ay, ay, ay, ay

Your mother swims after troop ships... :harhar:

I refuse to comment on the grounds that it might tend to incriminate me.

However, it's heartening to see that spike in reviews, alright. :thumbup:

wow!

You sound like such a sweety...

Everyone should follow you on Louchedlounge to see what an ass you are..and how you like to mock people here...

...Indeed™

Butt you're too greedy...

Everyone should follow you on Louchedlounge

Oh we know. I have stopped by on rare occasion but it's like a sad little circus to me. I think that's where our clown will go when he is no longer with us. :devil: The members there seem perfectly content and that's great.

But our little clown is not fooling anyone. :laugh:

I

Everyone should follow you on Louchedlounge to see what an ass you are..and how you like to mock people here...

...Indeed™

Butt you're too greedy...

Since when are you "people here"?

You predate nearly everyone in the absinthe revival, and, therefore, qualify as a public figure to poke fun at. :harhar:

You also conveniently happened to leave out several examples of my vehemently (almost ragingly) defending this forum at the Lounge (which, of course, was pointless).

And, as for you, Joe, I can honestly say I've never denigrated you over there...not even to the extent of calling you a mouth-breather. :laugh:

And, as for you, Joe, I can honestly say I've never denigrated you over there...not even to the extent of calling you a mouth-breather. :laugh:

I don't doubt it for a moment. :laugh: The Lounge is what it is. It's a different place with different rules. We seem goody-goody to them and they seem pre-adolescent to us. Meh. I'm sure it's very difficult to walk the fine line of dual existence. I couldn't do it. Too many times, it seems cruel and heartless. Not my style, bro.

Now, who's writing the next review?

I'll be doing revisits this weekend of Walton Waters, Meadow of Love, and (dun-dun-duuuuunnnn) Lucid.

I wants me some recent bottles of MOL and WW, for revisits, and I'd really like some recent production of Obsello. That's one where I don't want to do it an injustice of posting a review based on the bottle I have (first production, about 30 months old), but because of that bottle, I'm not comfortable buying another.

With MoL and WW it's still the same bottles but they've changed a good bit over the past couple of years.

Same, I have the ends of bottles of that (rough) vintage. I'd just like to see the current stuff.

I'm telling you all, these drinks change. They're not like Captain Morgan or Bailey's. I've tasted Kübler that is miles ahead of the bottle that my review is based on (and I know because I still have that bottle), and Lucid that is better than the bottle I have. Whether it is accident or intentional improvement, absinthes change, unlike staid, commercial alcohol beverages.

As John Valby (Dr. Dirty) was so fond of singing at UB beer blasts...

Ay, ay, ay, ay

Your mother swims after troop ships... :harhar:

Hey, did somebody say "UB beer blast" ?!

:drunk:

Here's another Spike in reviews; this time for "Absolute Brooklyn Absinthetm."

It seems one NY absinthe wasn't enough!

This is promoting his new film She's Gotta Louche It. :tongue:

Seriously, I love Spike Lee's work.

absoluteabsinthebrooklyn.jpg

Same, I have the ends of bottles of that (rough) vintage. I'd just like to see the current stuff.

I'm telling you all, these drinks change. They're not like Captain Morgan or Bailey's. I've tasted Kübler that is miles ahead of the bottle that my review is based on (and I know because I still have that bottle), and Lucid that is better than the bottle I have. Whether it is accident or intentional improvement, absinthes change, unlike staid, commercial alcohol beverages.

Maybe Ted needs to hire a Black Belt? I can suggest some.

It took me awhile to write my own reviews. At first I didn't want to because I'm a horrible writer. But once I did a couple it got a lot easier. I would suggest writing a draft review of several different absinthes before submitting. That way you'll have a better basis for scoring each absinthe. When I wrote my first review I posted it right away. Then after reviewing a couple other brands I found that one brand that I didn't like as much as the brand I reviewed first had a very similar score. I had to go back and change the reviews.

Now I'm just trying to make it so all my reviews don't sound the same. I feel like I'm in school when you were given a paragraph and had to rewrite it in your own words without writing the exact same thing that was originally written. Might be easy for some but not for me. Thankfully there is this book called a Thesaurus.

I would suggest writing a draft review of several different absinthes before submitting. That way you'll have a better basis for scoring each absinthe.

Sounds like sage advice.

Some day I hope to add to the reviews. Right now I'm stillplowing through as many different types as I can to figure out the ones that I really like. Soon, I hope to start figuring out why I really like them and I can start the review peocess.

Of course, by them I'll have no money for food, so absinthe will be my only sustinence, which may skew the reviews.

But, thanks to all the giants who have come before, to guide us noobs out of the darkness, into the light.