Sign in to follow this  
Brian Robinson

L'Artisanale and Wormwood Blanche

Ian from Ldf was gracious enough to donate a bottle each of L'Artisanale and Wormwood Blanche exclusively for members of the WS who were not able to buy bottles during their first release, or during their collector's sale last week.

I'll be decanting them into 1 oz sample bottles, and making them available on a first come, first serve basis. The only pre-requisite is that you agree to post reviews of them when you drink them. As we've mentioned before, it's very easy to do so, whether you've only had one absinthe in your life, or one thousand.

This is the chance to taste some highly acclaimed, extremely limited run absinthes.

EDIT: ALL SAMPLES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED. THANKS.

Brian,

For some reason it won't let me PM you. I'd love to try these. Please PM me if you no longer have my address. Thanks!

So this guy walks into an absinthe bar and orders a Wormwood Blanche. After carefully louching it, the guy takes a moment to appreciate the lovely aroma wafting from his glass. Much to the guy's surprise, the drink says, "Whoa! Nice shirt, guy!" A little shocked, the man says to the Barkeep, "Gimme my check. I gotta get out of here!" The gentleman behind the bar says, "No charge. The Wormwood Blanche is complimentary."

If you haven't tried these tasty drinks, PM Brian asap. What a nice perk for WS. Thanks, Ian (and Brian)!

:cheers:

That's down right cool of LdF to do such a thing. I need to send them a little something myself.

Thanks Ian, Brian and LdF.

:cheers:

Another FYI, the request for reviews didn't come from Ldf, but from me. I spend a lot of time posting reviews, and have always tried to get others to do the same. If I'm going to go through the effort of decanting and providing these to other people, I wanted to make sure it was beneficial for all of the WS.

I didn't want people to think Ian had anything to do with it, thus making it a conflict of some sort. He just made a nice gesture and I wanted to share it with people.

I don't think that is too much to ask. For crying out loud, a free sample of quality stuff no longer in production and could you please submit a review. There should be a couple dozen folks jumping for that.

If there isn't...........I'm in the wrong forum. JMO

Take the booze. Write the reviews. If you don't think you can write decent reviews then you're probably mistaken.

Agreed. And thanx for the clarification, Brian. At first read, it seemed like the reviews were Ian's condition, and that seemed out of character to me. In fact, I'm sure he would want nothing other than for people to enjoy these, and good, honest reviews.

Folks, like peridot and Brian have always said, it's not that hard. Read the guidelines, score it up, and make a few notes about your impressions. It's that easy.

I will admit, despite knowing better, that I am apprehensive about writing my first review. If I was lucky enough to write Brian quick enough, I will be forced to, and I am sure a lot more reviews will follow. I guess it is because I am used to reading very eloquent, very educated (in terms of palate and herb distinction) reviews from everyone. I know this is the wrong mentality, but it is still there.

I haven't found too much difficulty in writing reviews...just take notes while it's in your mouth and come up with the fancy metaphors and whatnot later. :cheers:

Thanks for reminding me, I have a few reviews I need to type up so I can post them. :wave2:

just take notes while it's in your mouth and come up with the fancy metaphors and whatnot later.

:shock:

Take the booze. Write the reviews. If you don't think you can write decent reviews then you're probably mistaken.

Absolutely!

I will admit, despite knowing better, that I am apprehensive about writing my first review.

See above. You're going to do just fine.

I haven't found too much difficulty in writing reviews...

Fuckin' A! :thumbup:

..just take notes while it's in your mouth and come up with the fancy metaphors and whatnot later.

Are you sure you don't know Jules? :laugh:

Seriously. I think this is very exciting. One more rule: Have fun. It's not rocket science. Thanks! :cheers:

...just take notes while it's in your mouth and come up with the fancy metaphors and whatnot later.

fyeah.jpg?1269221733

I think Ambear requested some, just tag an extra along for me and we'll both be sure to review it up.

just take notes while it's in your mouth and come up with the fancy metaphors and whatnot later.

:shock:

The little I've had is so...SO good.

:twitchsmile:

Butt what? :devil:

215768f60.jpg

Seriously though, I tried a glass of L'Artisanale once, at Joe's I think. That guy is super generous with his booze. And that was one of the best tasting vertes I had up to that point and for a long whiles afterwards. I don't know what I'd think of it now but I'd sure like to find out. :wave2:

Edited by Ron

Oh ho ho...looks like Ron had to step in. :devil:

Sorry we jacked your thread, Brian. :pirate: I didn't realize I had set myself up so easily. :laugh:

I don't what he changed...he's that good. ;)

I tried to bring the thread back on topic.

No worries Ambear. I don't mind being jacked. :devil:

As for the samples, I believe I've received enough requests. Offer is now closed.

As soon as my Specialty Bottle order comes in, I'll start decanting them.

Oh ho ho...looks like Ron had to step in. :devil:
I don't what he changed...he's that good. ;)

:shifty:

Either way, I hope I got picked for samples. :holiday: Until then, time to type my other ones up.

Tasting the Wormwood Blanche neat I taste wormwood.

At 1:1 I taste...wormwood.

At 2:1 I taste wormwood.

At 3:1 I taste wormwood and a very minor hint of anise and fennel that I get the impression was added simply to make it louche and to allow it to be called absinthe.

I bought a bottle of Fontaine at the same time as the Blanche and was hoping they would be very similar; sadly the Fontaine is nowhere near as good, though without comparing it to the Blanche I would still say it was delicious. I love this pontarlier wormwood. I imagine it would work well in a Chrysanthemum alongside the Benedictine.

Edited by Marrow

I remember another wormwood heavy absinthe that also packed a wallop of yummy anise to keep it more balanced. I think we jokingly referred to it as Wormwood Bomb in OC so much, the real name escapes me but I had the impression while inspired by the Wormwood Blanche, the Bomb (sic) was better crafted.

I remember another wormwood heavy absinthe that also packed a wallop of yummy anise to keep it more balanced.

I'm sure I haven't had whatever you're referring to, but I can say the precise thing I love about Wormwood Blanche is that it is unbalanced. Love balance most of the time, but sometimes I just want an absinthe that is just all about teh wormwoodz; it's tragic that there isn't a standard commercially available absinthe along those lines since it sold out.