Sign in to follow this  
Sentient 71

A fresh Face

Hello all! Just poking my head into the new comers area. :p Tried my first absinthe last night and used the info here on proper preparations to make sure it was done right. And as it turns out, I'm absolutely, fantastically, in love with it. Which is a heck of a feat since aside from Vodkas, I've never liked any other liquor or spirit. My first glass was of Lucid, bought after reading the reviews of it here and I must say that if it's only a middle of the road quality absinthe then I can't wait to get my hands on something finer; because if Lucid is a measure of what decent acceptable absinthe is I can only imagine how much better the finer varieties must be.

Well, that's it for my introduction I think, looking forward to getting to know you all. Peace!

Edited by Sentient 71

Welcome to the forum!! :wave2:

I was likewise introduced to absinthe with Lucid, and had a similar reaction as yours.

That said, there are three bottles of Pacifique in my hooch cabinet, so that speaks to my liking of it. But plenty of others out there and many flavor styles, so just experiment, and see which ones you like.

Welcome! :wave2:

I was the same way...figured I'd at least try Lucid to see if I liked absinthe at all. Yep! Turns out I do. It's a fun and dangerous (for your wallet) road you're headed down. :cheerz:

Hello & welcome! Lucid is a fine intro to the world of absinthe; widely available, knowledgeable distiller, non-threatening taste. There's such a variety out there now (especially produced domestically), my advice is to read through the reviews & dive in! :cheers:

Welcome! I recently followed the same path. Now, I've achieved absinthe Nirvana, thanks to the sublime folk of the WS.

"Please fasten your seatbelts and put your tray tables in the upright and locked position. We are preparing for take-off."

Aye, many thanks all for the welcome. ^^ Sorry it took a day or two to reply, I'm out a lot so I don't get online to often. X3

None the less! Again, many thanks. ^^

I'm glad to see that you made it to the reviews section before you bought anything! I have to echo Miguel and say that I too started my journey with Lucid, and while you can get bigger bang with just a little more buck, I still enjoy a glass of it now and again. Welcome!