I am dying to try this Absinthe, fingers crossed I have the cash by the time it's available to order. Thank you so much to the distiller for keeping us up to date. :)

If I were to have a Christmas wish this year it would be that there was a way to preorder a couple of bottles.

<----- uncharacteristically impatient

You listening, Santa??

I wonder how different (or similar) this new batch will be for those not fortunate enough to sample previous versions. Given the ingredient sources are slightly different.

There are a few of us with bottles from previous releases and we usually get to compare one release to the last. In fact, if you go back in this thread I think you might find some talk about that.

Understood Evan but Im referrkng more to the .. to be released version.. previous batches shared the same herb source.. this will be different.. just like Reverie .. the first batch was sourced lically then mk2 and 3 used imported ... Montana WW all very different flavor profiles .. in fact they could have been labelled differently from different distillers.. Question is..for the ultra experts would they be able to tell the new L'ancienne from previous batches in a blind tasting..

It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to suspend the production of L'Ancienne indefinitely. There are several factors that contributed to this decision. I prefer not to discuss them publicly, but just know that I did my best to keep the L'Ancienne project going for as long as I could without betraying my ideals.

I want to thank all of you who supported me and appreciated my work, I could have not made it without you!

A sad day, this is.

Thank you, Stefano, for all the love and incredible flavor that you imparted into the the true work of art that L'Ancienne was and is. :heart: :wub: :worshippy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQveng3Wxz8

A sad day indeed. :(

No emoticons here to express the sorrow.

I can absolutely respect the decision, Stefano. You will always be the maestro.

Such sad sorrow. First we lose the true Sauvage, and now L'Ancienne. While there are many wonderful absinthes available, this is a profound loss. I will treasure my 2012 bottle of L'Ancienne.

R.I.P. L'Ancienne. :reaper:

Fortunately I still have a bottle which is more than half full and I'll make sure that I only enjoy this absinthe on very special occasions. On the other hand technically "suspended indefinitely" doesn't mean discontinued, so I'll live in hope that in a few years/decades we'll have another batch of L'Ancienne :unsure:.

This is a tragedy. I'm glad you decided to walk away rather than compromise. Major props for that, and for making some of the best absinthe I've ever had the pleasure to drink.

I now deeply regret not saving any of my bottles. They were just too tasty! I feel priveleged to have had so much of a product that will now have an air of legend to it. I hope that you revisit it one day and thank you for not compromising!

Edited by DanPatrick

With Stefano suspending production of his absinthes "indefinitely," and the decline in quality of Pernot brands such as Authentique,Sauvage,and Roquette,I wish I had the forsight,and the will power to archive a couple bottles of each of these to pass down to future generations.Hopefully someone will do this.I wonder how these favorite absinthes of mine will be regarded 100 yrs from now?