Mhmm! This means I can keep one of the bottles from the last batch hidden away for a long time...I was starting to worry I'd have to crack it open soon.

It will be nice to compare the 2011 to the 2012. It's a great opportunity actually. I remember enjoying the 2011 more than the earlier version, and can't wait to see the subtle shifts in this batch.

I have two bottles on the way. I know the formula changes a little from year to year, so I'm hoping this one is as tasty as the last batch.

The part about the formula changing is something that I'm afraid is a little misleading in the way its worded on the website. The differences between each année are due to the constant tweaking in the process to get the best results, and the fact that when you are using herbs that are grown on a very small scale (and as you've seen we grow several ourselves), each harvest is gonna be slightly different. Now some of the tweaking involves also adjusting the amounts of herbs to compensate the fact that the new harvest is stronger/weaker in flavor and aroma compared to the previous one.

So the recipe is always the same, but every year the herbs are gonna be somehow different, both because of the harvest (as with Pontarlier WW) or because I've found something better than the previous year (as with us growing some of the herbs vs buying them from my trusted supplier).

I don't like to judge my own absinthe, but if I have to describe whats different in this 2012 année I'd say that I think it shows a marriage of the best characteristics of both the 2010 and the 2011, and the three years old wine base (plus six months of resting) makes you forget you are drinking something with alcohol in it.

Can't fathom why you would not. Will it be your favorite? That is more the question.

I would say it is my favorite commercial offering.

Edited by greytail

I can guarantee you my wait will be longest. Had my order shipped to my inlaws home. Abs.com can't ship to My state. Probably will pick up this summer.

My bottles arrived today. Hooray, definately worth the wait. As with last years' batch - SUPERB! Way to go Steffano!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow that was fast!

Glad you got your bottles safe and sound, cheers!

Edited by Stefano Rossoni