So, I've seen that some people have received their bottles. I haven't been able to sample mine yet, but does anyone else want to share their thoughts?

Pernod Fils "very green" redux in flavor.

Beautifully copper/peachy feuille mort, in color.

Incredibly seamless, lot's of fruity Florence fennel, huge candied anise, baby powdery hyssop, nice peppery underpinning, and a really juicy wormwood finish.

Plenty of Rolls Royce leather in both the nose and the taste.

Velvety mouthfeel, and a considerably fuller louche than is found in Stefano's other, more feminine creations.

Lots of perfuminess, but of the Belle Epoque absinthe variety.

Absolutely mind blowing, like I'm drinking great pre-ban.

Too bad a lot of this bottle's already spoken for. :angry2: :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

I seriously doubt that.

However Stefano achieved that beautiful hue, I'd pretty much guarantee it was by natural means.

Review posted.

Edited by Absomphe

Absolutely no artificial coloring in my absinthe, the color is achieved with the classic maceration of herbs in the warm spirit.

And thanks for the good words on my Ancienne, I'm flattered!

Stefano

Wow...five stars across the board, Abs? How does one acquire this elixir?

This batch was just 80 bottles and sold out in few weeks. We are considering the idea of distilling another batch; I'm sure the info would land quickly on the forums and on FB, but anyway you can keep an eye on my webpage www.stefanorossoni.com where I keep updated info on availability for my absinthes.

Wow...five stars across the board, Abs?

I would have given all sixes if I could have. :pirate:

Can we get some feedback with those that have tried both versions?

I have the 2nd edition, and I love it, but it is sure different from anything else I've tried. Is this version realy pre-ban like?

I didn't care much for what I tried of the first batch, but that's just me...I wasn't able to do a real comparison or anything.

I liked the sample i had of the first run. Have read the second run is a bit tamer. That has me on the fence with getting a bottle.

I found a website that I can get this on, but that's a lot of coin to throw at a Euro company without knowing about them. Has anyone here tried Absinthes.com? Are they reputable? How long does it take to ship?

Yes they are reputible. Do some research on vendors. Both this site and feeverte will recommend absinthes.com

Fee Verte better. :laf: The membership is fiercely independent, and very knowledgable, but the joint is owned by Oxy, who also owns Absinthes.com and the EP distillery.

I'll say it is worth it. More so than Sauvage, and I love Sauvage.

Absinthes.com is run by some cool cats. And Stefano does make good absinthe. BTW they are all members here.

Edited by Miguel

My order got here in about 10 days,and any questions I had were answered almost immediately.Check out Liqueurs de France as well.The customer service was just as good,and my order arrived in only 4 or 5 days!Not sure if they sell L'Ancienne,but they have some great stuff in their inventory.Also both places offer free shipping if you order $200 or more.

Hi Steffano, I ordered some L'Ancienne along with some Peroquette yesterday.I've never tried either but I'm very much looking forward to your well revued product!

Hi Steffano, I ordered some L'Ancienne along with some Peroquette yesterday.I've never tried either but I'm very much looking forward to your well revued product!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to hear your feedback on it!

I would love to see feedback from those with serious experience in absinthe. I love it, but I have nothing to compare it to. It reminded us of the holidays because of it's creamy spicesiness. It a great absinthe to be enjoyed on special occasions. Quite worth giving Oxy indulgences for the thujone ponds after Jay swims naked in them.

I don't know how "serious" my experience is, but when this bottle is done I shall most definitely post a review. I am quite enamored at the moment with it but really want to give it some time to open up and smooth out a bit before I offer any real commentary.

but at this juncture I can most definitely say "thank you, Stefano." So ......

thank you, Stefano!

I don't know how "serious" my experience is, but when this bottle is done I shall most definitely post a review. I am quite enamored at the moment with it but really want to give it some time to open up and smooth out a bit before I offer any real commentary.

but at this juncture I can most definitely say "thank you, Stefano." So ......

thank you, Stefano!

Well thank you for the kind words! I'll be looking forward to your review, I'm always really eager to get feedback!

About the base: the L'Ancienne is made using a wine base, custom distilled by us from a blend of red and white wines from Italy.