Jack Griffin

Has anyone seen THIS?

If you do not still your absinthe, your end product with end up having a more "herbal" taste, but this can generally be overcome by adding more Anise. :laugh:

So I'm glad to say that 40 batches later, I finally have come up with something that taste halfway decent :laf:

Try to get through your first glass within 10 minutes. The longer you let it sit, the warmer (and nastier) it gets. Plus, as I stated above - You'll get a better buzz if you drink it quickly :dev-cheers:

:laf: till you :puke:

I saw that, Ryan. It seems as out of place as possible and makes me think that the guy who posted this... uh... crap?... didn't even watch the video and just embedded it blindly.

This video about Ted at the Combier distillery is really good ! WS could have a section only for good and informative videos like this......

- Marcelo

Like my old HS buddy used to always say, "If you wade through the garbage, you usually find something valuable."

Very nice video, especially for a newbie like myself.

It would be nice if there were a section for quality and one for laughable crap like the rest of the aricle, but I guess it starts getting into a matter of subjectivity at some point.

I would think that five glasses of any 120+ proof alcohol would make you feel like you "drank several shots of liquor, ate a single mushroom cap, and smoked a tiny bit of opium"... It's called being shit-faced!

It definitely has some effect, but nothing really pleasant. You become drunk and excited (let's say, sober) at the same time (well, it may still make you happy when you're looking for ANY effect), and, provided you drank a few glasses, after 40-60 minutes, suddenly you get really drunk and usually fall asleep. Sometimes I wondered if the 'excitement' was only my body's reaction to the extremely bitter taste...

A Caffé corretto all' assenzio (1 shot espresso and 1 shot absinthe) will do if one seeks a 'mind-bending' experience like this:)

[image deleted by admin]

But the most important thing to remember is -- Don't let the first sip scare you away! That first gulp is always the worst. The moment this ultra-bitter stuff hits the tongue, it will send you into a cartoon-character-like convulsion. But I can assure you -- Your taste buds will eventually de-sensitize to the point that this nasty swill almost tastes good! Homemade Absinthe is definitely an acquired taste.

Also remember that it doesn't matter how much you drink -- That licorice flavor will linger in your mouth for hours. Once you commit to that first drink, you might as well see it through. And I promise, by the time you finish that 3rd glass you won't care about the taste. Well... at least you wont care as much!!

:laf: So funny, but also very sad.

I sincerely hope this very misled individual will have the opportunity to enjoy some good quality absinthe.

So ironic that the Modern Marvels episode featuring Ted Breaux should appear on this website. I do hope this person learns something from it.

...don't really see a problem.......

......the guy is just posting a way to make gut rot 'absinth'.....

........something similiar to cheap wine for skidrow folk..... :)

What's with the Ron Paul thing?

No idea. :huh:

When I cut and pasted the quote from the website it was a photo of a glass of absinthe. I had intended to only copy the text, but the photo copied along with it. And now it seems to have morphed into and outdated campaigne ad. Bizarre!

Many sites don't allow hot-linking of their images, and some have creative images to let you know that.

Despite my congress critter previous attempt to move to DC, that article sounds as pathetic as the author. Don't think there will be any changing of his mind, it just exists on a different level of thinking, one foreign to me.

Thanks for deleting the irrelevant image.

It occurred to me after I logged out that I should try my hand at editing. This is my first time joining a discussion forum, so I'm still learning.

But the most important thing to remember is -- Don't let the first sip scare you away!

Perhaps ShaihHulud's Litany Against Fear of Absinthe is in order!

Litany against fear of Absinthe - I must not fear Absinthe. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Absinthe. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Absinthe has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

I thought it had to be a scam site sponsored by Zele.

Then I saw the video.

OH MY GOD ! This guy is for real!!!

[boy, that's a pretty bottle of green muck he made there.]