Sign in to follow this  
odiedog52

Absinthe Article in New Issue of Mutineer Magazine

Hey everyone .. Brian here from Mutineer Magazine.

It's been mentioned once in a separate thread, but I wanted to reiterate it so people didn't miss out.

In our next issue issue of Mutineer Magazine, due out the beginning of May, one of our feature articles is on Damian Hevia's amazing absinthe photography and there is a great intro to the photo-based absinthe feature by the Wormwood Society's very own Brian Robinson.

I bring this up for those who aren't subscribers of Mutineer Magazine. If you would like to subscribe and receive this issue with the absinthe feature, you would need to subscribe by the end of the week in order to make it onto the mailing list when they are sent out from the printer.

To subscribe for just $15/year .. visit this link. It will also be on newsstands nationwide.

Also, we still have Issue #6 available as a back issue to order, which had our Absinthe Spectacular Spectacular in it, featuring many of our good friends here at the Wormwood Society:

Absinthe Spectacular Spectacular

This massive story on absinthe is spectacular indeed. We got the Wormwood Society involved to get the gospel on all things absinthe, including enjoyment, culture, history, and which absinthes you absolutely need to try.

Admins, hopefully this isn't too "spammy" for you all. We love supporting the Wormwood Society and we definitely appreciate all the support you have given us.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you all again for the support and we look forward to more absinthe content in the future.

Cheers!

Brian Kropf

Mutineer Magazine

Informational? Yes. Spammy? No way. :cheers: I enjoy Mutineer magazine and am a loyal subscriber.

Thanks for all the support!

I can't wait for you all to see the absinthe photography feature ... the photos by Damian are incredible and they are a perfect fit for Mutineer and our readers!

:pirate:

Thanks very much for the heads up! I'll keep an eye out for this issue when it hits the stands.

Thanks!

And I've seen several of you subscribe and purchase the absinthe back-issue, thanks!

I just got an advance copy in the mail today of the new issues ... Damian's feature article looks AMAZING! His photography is out of this world.

Thanks again all and cheers.

5658779205_6a8e203391.jpg

The new issue! Out soon. With features:

Mutineer Interview: Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson

Mutineer Editor in Chief and Sommelier Alan Kropf sits down with Master Sommelier, author and James Beard Award winner Andrea Robinson to discuss wine, culinary school, popcorn wine pairings and her signature stemware line.

Moonshine: Spirit of the South

From Junior Johnson to Popcorn Sutton, Mutineer Chris D’Amico takes you deep into the world of prohibition, moonshine running and NASCAR and gives you a glimpse of the modern moonshine revival.

Doi Chaang Coffee: The Elephant in the Roast

An incredible story of northern Thailand’s Doi Chaang Coffee Company and their efforts to produce world class coffee and to more than fairly compensate the producers and workers. Meet the Akha hill tribe families and Wicha Promyong, a former entrepreneur from southern Thailand who “adopted ” the Akha hill tribe families in the Chiang Rai region and helped them organize, improve, and market their coffee.

Absinthe Visions: The Photography of Damian Hevia – Inspired by the World of Absinthe

Follow Damian Hevia, photographer extraordinaire, as he shares with you his incredible original photos of how he sees absinthe and with his gifted “through the lens” photographic style of approach. No photoshop here!

Cooking With Tequila

Mutineer Food Editor Erin Jimcosky has done it again, this time with tequila! Watermelon lime salad, tequila spiked prawn coctel, and more … all made with tequila. Perfect dishes you won’t want to miss and just in time for the start of summer.

I just bought the 2009 back-issue of the "Absinthe Spectacular" in Mutineer.

Nice job Brian and Gwydion! It's a lucid (sic) and well-written piece!

I loved doing that piece. The only regret I have is the opening few paragraphs. I wanted to have them separate and printed in a different font, to make it seem like someone was telling the story. Alas, I failed to communicate that before it went to press!

I'm dying to get mine...I've been rushing out to the mailbox every day to see if it's shown up yet. :pirate:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It means so much to us to be held in such high regards with all of you.

Regarding the new issue, it should be arriving any day now in mailboxes. I'll check and see if I can get a more accurate timeframe of when it should be arriving.

It sounds like it should be in mailboxes within a week. There was (again) an issue getting the new issue out of the printers. But it should be in mailboxes soon. Once I get reports of them arriving I'll post back in here so you all know it should be arriving.

Sorry and thanks for all the support! Sorry for such an early teaser on the absinthe feature! :D

Ooooo! Only three more hours until I get home to my mailbox. I hope mine's there :pirate:

We need to find a way to make a place for us as the center fold. Maybe not us people but a colage,coullage, coligen........a random bunch of nice pics. Dayem, My vocabulary is out the window today.

Most everyone should just about have it by now and if you haven't received it yet, it should be in your mailbox any day!

In Barnes and Ignoble (it's a joke!), yesterday.

After I was done with this issue I took it by my local watering hole. The bartenders are good folks but don't really have a clue when it comes to most of these sorts of things so I try to do my part in education ;) F'n sick article about Queensryche!!!

odiedog you guys should do an event in Orange County one of these times you visit SoCal, instead of crappy old LA!

Edited by Jonathan D.

Nice, thanks for helping spread the word .. and glad you dug the Queensryche article!

I actually live in NorCal now (I need to update my profile.....) 2 hour east of Sacramento. We definitely need to do an event in Orange County and when we do, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks again everyone for the support, we appreciate it all so much.