Sign in to follow this  
Dieter

Antique Poster 'Un Peureux' for sale

Hi all!

I'm a Belgian absinthe antiques collector and bought a large original poster a while ago. Unfortunately, the poster is way too large to put in my small living room, therefore, I would like to resell it. Here are some characteristics:

The poster is a genuine Henri Lemonnier which dates from 1925 for the brand 'un peureux'. An absinthe brand which switched to anis liqueurs after the ban. The poster comes directly from the archives from a printing office. The colours are beautifully vivid! The poster was printed in two parts. Total dimensions: 2m40 x 1m60. (95x63 inches).

Price: 400 euros, shipping included.

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

Easy gentlemen. The new guy isn't from around these parts and not familiar with our strange ways.

Greetings Dieter.

I approved your registration and while poking around, noticed some of your absinthe antiques. It is always a good thing for us to have greater, almost exclusive access to such items.

That said, we like to get to know you a little better before you start selling so we can feel a little more comfortable buying. We really prefer knowing that you are a bit of a soul mate in your love for all things absinthe and not just out to make money.

Let me invite you to visit the Newcomer Introduction thread so you can tell us a little about yourself and we can welcome you to the Forum. :cheers:

The +3 beard of discernment proves it's worth again!

Absomphe, I agree, it was beautiful.

You're a gentleman Joe :euro:

I dig that it's held down for the pics with absinthe glasses.

Dieter, I'm looking forward to your into thread! Please stick around and let us know some more about you.

Schiller's Liquor Bar :: Home

Schiller's Liquor Bar has a casual atmosphere and the menu is continental: dishes include rotisserie chicken with roast potatoes, steak and french fries, ...

Works for me. :thumbup:

Hey, I was following, not leading.

It takes two to tango. :tongue:

But, please except my apologies, Dieter.

And, for the record, your poster is absolutely stunning. :cheers:

:blink: Actually, Ron started it, I followed it up, but until you monkeyed around with it, I had dropped it.

But enough about us, come back, Dieter.

I'm pretty sure everyone understood this to be an anis, but notice the mention of the decree of October 24th, 1922... which is why the strength is so low... or is that the minimum alcoholic strength? I can't recall, right off hand.

I believe that decree was repealed in 1988, though.

Hi guys!

I'm sorry for my late reply, I'm new here, therefore need some time to adjust:) But I 'll do my best to do my contributions to this site:)

Ok, read my introductary talk in the 'introduction' session:)

Btw, poster still for sale! PM me or mail me for details, questions!

Dieter

No worries. Ron, Baubel and Absomphe are professional thread derailers. They do it just to keep me on my toes. :laugh:

I keep thinking how good that poster would look in the distillery...

well, the poster is too large for my living room now....it would have looked nicely in my previous home, but I had to move, because the landlord has put it for sale...still looking for a nice home for the poster!

No worries. Ron, Baubel and Absomphe are professional thread derailers. They do it just to keep me on my toes. :laugh:

I keep thinking how good that poster would look in the distillery... <sigh>

Ok, for those who are still hesitating:) 350 euros, shipping included. Ikea is more expensive for its posters!:) With the money, I would like to finally finish my bathroom. Feel free to ask questions!

The most expensive poster I see listed on IKEA's Belgium site is priced at 149 euros.

Edited by Phoenix

Still smaller and made in millions.....

The most expensive poster I see listed on IKEA's Belgium site is priced at 149 euros.
Edited by Dieter