Sign in to follow this  
xxhugexx

New Woody Allen Movie

NYT Review.

"Many a writer or artist has longed to travel back in time to the sizzling Paris of the 1920s, to sip absinthe with Hemingway at Les Deux Magots."

In a very private room, maybe, bearing in mind it was banned in Paris in 1915. Any other historical inaccuracies in the film? Do they burn the absinthe?

I heard that it is not inaccurate in the film, that the absinthe parts of the film take place during the correct years. Friends saw it last night. They said it jumps around to different periods.

Movies and historical/technical inaccuracies?? NEVER! :shock:

It has gotten quite good reviews, which is a departure from all his recent work.

I was all fired up to see this today, until I found out it doesn't get released here until June 10th. Ugh!

I guess it comes with living in a town who's cultural highlight is a new Walmart opening.

IMO a great film that deserves a watch from anyone who likes French art and history. There is one 10 to 15 minute scene set in the Belle Epoque (1890) in which Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec is set at a table with a properly prepared and very beautifully opalescent absinthe drink in a cordon glass. Not only was it historically displayed, it was accurately displayed.

I am not usually a fan of Woody's work, but if it has Michael Sheen on it, I will watch whatever it is. Love the guy! But I guess I have two motives now to see this one...

Never got to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I can't enjoy a movie Penelope is in. Funny thing is, her accent is as atrocious in Spanish as it is in English. I like her sister Monica much better.

Edited by LadyCarmilla

And Abs gives my posts hell.

Not all of them.

However, this time you either left out an 'a' in word number one, or you know some guy named Tod Via. :tongue:

Ese que es dicho, tengo que convenir con usted.

Edited by Absomphe