Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

Not bad stuff.

#2 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,181 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

Oxy comes up with some pretty neat stuff alright. I'm beginning to enjoy Rye but not ready for that leap yet. :cheers:
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#3 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,668 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:14 AM

Never tried it, Stroller, but thanks for taking my advice about droppin' in. :cheers:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#4 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,988 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:26 AM

:laf: Absomphe, you sarcastic old joker, you! :laf:

#5 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,668 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

What is this 'sarcasm', of which you speak? :biggrin:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#6 Quartermaster James

Quartermaster James

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

I placed an order, but arrival is overdue, and I receive no reply to my email inquiries.
Has anyone else had issues with this company? I was given to understand they were of high repute.
Is there some reason recent orders would have been delayed, and inquiries ignored?

Edited by Quartermaster James, 05 June 2012 - 09:38 AM.

A Pox on the OLCC!

Y.M.H.S.
Quartermaster James

#7 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,810 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

I know you're not really a newb, but see my sig.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#8 Quartermaster James

Quartermaster James

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

Thanks Brian. I assume you were meaning to refer me to the recommended vendors list.
I see Oxygenee is only there for accessories. C'est la vie!
I'll give them another week to reply or produce (although, by then the occasion for which this was ordered will have passed) before I start fraud proceedings.

And also, my apologies: I really did not mean to pop in just to kvetch, but was hoping to learn of some legitimate cause for the lack of communication.

Edited by Quartermaster James, 06 June 2012 - 06:21 AM.

A Pox on the OLCC!

Y.M.H.S.
Quartermaster James

#9 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,810 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Thanks Brian. I assume you were meaning to refer me to the recommended vendors list.
I see Oxygenee is only there for accessories. C'est la vie!

No, I meant the part about shipping:

Shipping/Vendor questions: How long? Who? Where is my order? How reliable is ___?Specific vendors can be searched for in the search function if you have questions about any one business.
We have a recommended vendor list that we have compiled based on member experiences. This list is by no means complete and doesn't necessarily mean if you go with a different company who is not on this list, you will not be serviced properly.
Shipping can depend on many factors. Domestic retailers should have your package to you within a week or so. International ones can take significantly longer, especially if the package gets held up in customs. Don't be surprised if it takes 3-4 weeks. However, in most circumstances it will be significantly shorter than that. If you're worried, don't hesitate to call or email the retailer directly.

Tracking numbers are notoriously unreliable when the shipment is coming in from overseas. It's not out of the ordinary to see the status of your package as 'In Customs', or still in the country of origin, and have your package delivered on that same day. I.e. if your status is stuck for a few days, it's not necessarily a cause for alarm.

Finest and Rarest is nothing but exemplary in their customer service and reliability, so I wouldn't worry. They aren't in the recommended vendors list mainly because it's a different service than your typical absinthe retailer, but I have the utmost confidence in F&R's ability to come through for you.

My guess is that you haven't received responses because of the absinthe festival. I'm sure Oxy is/was overwhelmed with all of the events going on.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#10 Quartermaster James

Quartermaster James

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

My guess is that you haven't received responses because of the absinthe festival. I'm sure Oxy is/was overwhelmed with all of the events going on.

Thanks again Brian.
A Pox on the OLCC!

Y.M.H.S.
Quartermaster James

#11 Quartermaster James

Quartermaster James

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

Update: I received a reply to my inquiries today, complete with apology and a promise to investigate how my order inquiries fell off the radar, and for further follow-up tomorrow.
A Pox on the OLCC!

Y.M.H.S.
Quartermaster James

#12 Quartermaster James

Quartermaster James

• PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

Okay, so our order of the Hannisville Rye finally arrived Friday, July 20, 2012.

Nice stuff. There's nothing sophisticated or like for me to say that would add anything to the tasting notes provided on the F&R website.

However, Jimminy Crickets! We're talking about tasting history here!

The experience is worth the price of admission.

Edited by Quartermaster James, 23 July 2012 - 02:45 PM.

A Pox on the OLCC!

Y.M.H.S.
Quartermaster James

#13 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,810 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

I enjoy it immensely. Much moreso than the gin. The gin is wonderful, but I'm partial to dry gins as opposed to the Old Tom style. But both are amazing pieces of history. In fact, I'm bringing some of both to Tales along with some of the vintage absinthe samples I recently received. :cheers:

WS on the Mutineer Blog!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association