• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

This arrived today, and I felt compelled to share it with you all, in honor of Baubel, who made it for me.
He's a solid guy, with a clear talent and passion for pottery. I asked him to make one with 2 spigots at a 45 degree angle to each other, creating a small, intimate fountain for 2. I couldn't be happier! I wonder how Baubel feels having Ridge Verte share this photo with his creation...hmmm...that's a no brainer! Food-safe glaze and stainless steel spigots. Tres cool.

The glasses are 19th century French, one is a 1/2 size East glass with etched dose line, the other a lovely small reservoir glass c/o Marc Thuillier. Now who's going to help me drink this stuff?

Posted Image

#2 Derrick

Derrick

Intoxicologist

• 3,036 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:03 PM

Very, very nice! :thumbup:
"Reality is a crutch for people who can't enjoy absinthe."

#3 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Beautiful workmanship, Baubel! Those are some mad skillz you got. :clap: So, when are you going to open a fountain-making shop? :thumbup:
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#4 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,728 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Thanks for being so patient Scott, I know it took a lot longer than my original estimate. Ridge was the right choice for it's maiden voyage.

Thanks and :cheers: to the kind words Derrick and Doc! There maybe a small fountain business in the distant future, I've toyed with the idea...but with my current schedule I wouldn't be able to get much of anything done. If it happens WS will be the first to know. :cheers:

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#5 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,993 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:19 PM

I am honored to be another very happy owner of Baubel's Fountains. It's all about craftsmanship and the man has mad skillz. :thumbup:

#6 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

And a pretty big heart as well.
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#7 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

Clearly! Can't wait to get to know Baubel in person at RMGH...the rest of you guys as well. I have a feeling some new solid "real-world" friends are in the future for me.

Bauble, these spigots work really well...only a slight turn yields a very steady easily controlled drip.
This is a coincidence, as on my best days, I can also claim to be a steady, controlled drip.

Nice job, again!

#8 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:46 PM

Nice fountain Bauble! :cheers:

Bauble creates from his heart. I have been left speechless by his generosity.

The things he comes up with are unique and dear to my heart. He is generous to a fault.
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#9 LeRoy

LeRoy

Shifty eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:48 PM

I love my Baubel Fountain. It's too bad I don't use it more, though.

A fountain making shop would work well for you, Baubel! :cheers:

"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight"
HP Lovecraft

http://yourinspirationathome.com.au

#10 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:56 PM

I noticed Baubel switched the spigots he was using. Those look like they'd sure put a flow in the glass if you wanted to go the power louche, full-open route!
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#11 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,715 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Damn nice, BAUB!

The colors add a nice Southwestern touch, and I really dig the form. :thumbup:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#12 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

If they're like the one I got from Aftosa a few years back, they are pretty serious spigots. I typically go with their bronze ones that everyone seems to use, but saw they were offering a silver spigot and not realizing it would be too large for the single spigot fountain I was planning, I ordered one. I think it still sitting in my basement unused. If I can locate it, I shall donate it to Baubel's budding business endeavor.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#13 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,187 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:09 PM

Yeah, I used the brass ones and painted them silver-ish. Food grade paint also. ;)
Some folks may cringe each time I use the term "Booze" regarding these high quality drinks.
I mean no offense. There are bottles of extraordinary booze out there. I've tasted a few. Relax.

#14 T.C.

T.C.

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:33 PM

A work of art.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Refrigerator

#15 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,728 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 11:55 PM

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! This place and the people here always surprise me. :wave2: :cheers: :heart:

I still have some of the brass spigots from Aftosa but those have trace amounts of lead, and wanted to offer Scott the choice, since I was able to purchase those stainless steel spigots from here, in case anyone's interested. I think Scott had mentioned that website in another thread. I prefer the design of the ones from Aftosa, but would have liked for them to be food safe all around, they're cheaper than the stainless steel ones.

#16 Harry

Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:46 AM

hope to be a proud owner of one of nathan's creations once i am back in the States...... his fountains are great looking!!!

#17 Bob Tessier

Bob Tessier

WS token Canuck

• 2,031 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:08 AM

Beautiful creation, once again. Well done, Baubel! :cheers:
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

#18 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

I was able to purchase those stainless steel spigots from here, in case anyone's interested.

Wow. That's a lot of spigots from which to choose, which makes me happy. :)

Also, childish as it may be, this sentence on the site made me giggle, "The WSS01 Range is one of the most Professional and Finest Sampling Cocks." :laf:

#19 Phoenix

Phoenix

Advansed Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

Nice work, baubel!
"He's a politician. It's like being a hooker. You can't be one unless you can pretend to like people while you're f***ing them."

#20 Brooks

Brooks

Bo-nana Fana Fo-Frooks

• 2,484 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted Image

. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .Thing of beauty. :)

#21 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,728 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:26 PM

Aww shit Brooks, you went and outdid yourself again. :wave2:

Thanks Phoenix! :cheers:

#22 Herbaceous Vic

Herbaceous Vic

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

Nice work, Baubel - I remember seeing another of yours that was blue and sort-of "cupola-ish" and that was beautiful as well.

#23 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,309 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:20 AM

One of the nice things about two spigots at 45 degrees in front of the fountain, is that it is very space efficient. In addition to being a centerpiece for a couple of friends to use while sharing absinthe, it can sit on a counter-top against the wall, or even in a corner, and still be easily used. Spigots at 180 degrees aren't as user-friendly or visually correct in this case.

#24 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,187 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:47 AM

Yep, baubel knows a lot of neat tricks. He thinks about stuff like that a lot. He made a single spigot fountain for me because I normally drink alone. Pretty thoughtful of him. The thing is just right for my small boopie glasses and doesn't hold as much water making it super convenient. It travels well in carry on bags. If I use a taller east glass or yvonne glass, I just put a couple books under the thing. Easy fix. :thumbup:

#25 Ryan Nikkel

Ryan Nikkel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:07 AM

Beautiful work baubel! Congratulations Scott, a fine addition. I agree, Ridge was a fantastic choice for the maiden voyage.

jcbphd, thanks for the laugh; childish, sophomoric, potty humor are all appreciated :thumbup:
"The thought manifests as the word; the word manifests as the deed; the deed develops into habit; and habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care, and let it spring from love born out of concern for all beings." Buddha

#26 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,728 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

Hot damn, keep this threa going and my face will always be red.

Seriously though, all the kind words and support is too wonderful for me to put into words, so I very humbly say thank you.

It travels well in carry on bags.

Ahh yes, it is travel lite and believe there was an action shot of one being used for the mile high louche club. Maybe there's a market for those and modified vintage luggage bags to stash them in. :twitchsmile:

#27 Nina_GirL

Nina_GirL

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:19 AM

WOW. Awesomeness. I'm speechless.

:thumbup:
everybody lies ~House, MD

#28 OMG_Bill

OMG_Bill

Complete Absinthe Geek

• 12,187 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:20 AM

Ahh yes, it is travel lite and believe there was an action shot of one being used for the mile high louche club. Maybe there's a market for those and modified vintage luggage bags to stash them in.

This one?
[attachment=6370:DSC03723___Copy.JPG]

#29 Père Ubu

Père Ubu

Veni Vidi Bibit

• 4,572 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

Very Nice.
A heck of a lot better than the commercial ones.
N thanx for the faucet link. Giving me lots of ideas

#30 Evan Camomile

Evan Camomile

"Mr The Judge"

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:00 AM

Wow! It comes as no surprise that there are artists here but this is very functionally designed too. Nice fountains that you have here.

American Absintheur
Blog | FB | Twitter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association