Sign in to follow this  
TheLoucheyMonster!

Another from socal drips in

Hi all!

I guess I'll start my introduction with my introduction to absinthe. As a student, I became aware of absinthe's interesting history, rituals, and reputation. In about the early 2000's the subject of absinthe came up from time to time in some underground music forums, so I did some quick looking on the internet and *almost* ordered some King or Spirits, but the high price made me think twice, then I saw something shiny and forgot about absinthe for a few years.

So in late 2007 in a liquor store and in the mood for something different. I saw the fancy little display for ...you know what...Le Tourment. I picked up a bottle, and fortunately also picked up Kübler. Had it not been for the Kübler, it might have been a very long time before trying another absinthe.

I've had about 10-12 brands since 2007, and thanks to finding The Wormwood Society's review page it has kept me from making expensive mistakes.

My most recent discovery is Pacifique, I only had one glass at a friends house, but I must say it was fantastic! It going to be a regular.

Next to try: Ridge, Marteau, and the ones from Delaware Phoenix. The one thing that is certain in the world of absinthe is that the best will always come from folks who have a passion for what that do.

So, has that bottle of Le Tourment improved at all in 4 years? let see... pop, gurgle gurgle, drip, drip drip drip.....

.Sweet horribleem, with notes of gackk. It satisfies the palate the same way that Hoppes #9 doesn't. A muse that inspires Vogons to write poems:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,

Thy micturations are to me

As plurdled gabbleblotchits

On a lurgid bee .....

full poem

I *almost* ordered some King or Spirits, but the high price made me think twice, then I saw something shiny and forgot about absinthe for a few years.

Thank the Green Fairy you were spared from that mistake! Welcome. :cheers:

Hoppes #9. I love a good 40 year old olfactory memory. Like a horse, chocolate chip cookies or puppies' breath, say the word and the brain remembers the smell.

Welcome to the Forum. :cheers:

Howdy!! :)

Things that smell like Hoppes#9 for my guns, things that smell like an herbal garden after the rain for my pontalier glass.

Edited by Miguel

Welcome to the forum :cheers:. Ridge, MoL, WW are all amazing. I haven't been fortunate to try the Marteau yet, but I hear it's amazing as well. I have to agree, passion for your craft is certainly evident in the final product, especially with absinthe.

Greetings :wave2: from another subject living in Kalifornia :police: . Hoppes #9... reminds me that I need to pick up another bottle at the next gun show at the OC Fair grounds.