66 replies to this topic

#61 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,128 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

It's not like she dropped an FYI bomb or suggested a flaming anus shot (you know who you are). :laf:

:wave2:
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#62 baubel

baubel

Hued-pottymouth

• 7,716 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

With a name like "Greased Lightning", it has to be painful.

A little technological fix to a spiritual problem.

#63 LeRoy

LeRoy

Shifty eyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

On a different forum, the new members are restricted to posting in the "New Member Intro" section until after they have demonstrated their awareness of forum protocol and rules. Either an Admin or Mod can lift their posting restrictions anytime they feel comfortable.

I haven't posted there yet. Figured I wouldn't make the cut! :laugh:

Seriously though, I think people are pretty easy on newbies on this forum. I've been on a forum or two that seem like the goal is to drive the newbies away.

"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight"
HP Lovecraft

http://yourinspirationathome.com.au

#64 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• 2,647 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

Honestly, this place is more gentle to newbies than any other absinthe forum by a long measure. In fact it's more gentle to newbies than any forum I've ever been to by a long measure. Expecting more is frankly unreasonable.

I must concur.

Although I do occasionally miss Smiley from time to time....
What part of Klaatu Barada Nikto don't you understand?

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

#65 AiO

AiO

Movie Freak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:08 PM

Funny, I was having a Smiley flashback recently...
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot" -- Charlie Chaplin

#66 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,602 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:05 PM

But here nobody except Sixela would get on your ass about ending a sentence in a preposition.

Honestly, this place is more gentle to newbies than any other absinthe forum by a long measure. In fact it's more gentle to newbies than any forum I've ever been to by a long measure. Expecting more is frankly unreasonable.

Regarding the first sentence, I might if I were in a particularly foul mood.

Then again, I was the original Fee Verte Language and Grammar Nazi. I was very happy to cede that onerous title to Sixer after awhile, though.

As to the remainder, you're spot on. Fee Verte was no fun for newbies during the infamous Cozy Nostril Reign of Terror :laugh: , and the Lounge was even more brutal.

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#67 buddhasynth

buddhasynth

Unseemly and Obtuse

• 2,647 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

that was half the reason I signed up, but I soon realized I was there after the fact.

personally, I feel all newbs must be brutally hazed to test their resolve. I guess I get it from work... :laugh:
What part of Klaatu Barada Nikto don't you understand?

...because shoddy absinthes will be flavored with the lubricator of take the lead anise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association