Sign in to follow this  
Jack Griffin

Happy Birthday Jcbphd!

Thanks, guys. I'm hoping it's going to be a great day. I'm off work, getting a massage, and going to my favorite oyster bar for dinner. Who knows, I may even throw back a slug of Malort to cap off this fine day. :cheers:

I was going to wish you a fantastic birthday, but it seems you've already got that lined up! :cheers:

By the end of the day, may you feel like primordial ooze you're so relaxed :happybday:

By the end of the day, may you feel like primordial ooze you're so relaxed.

That's exactly the plan! :clap:

Thanks again! I'm back from my massage and pedicure (I went with Jamaican Out--a wild, sparkly orange color) and I'm so relaxed I could slide into a puddle on the floor. :twitchsmile:

Time to enjoy those oysters, then! :dribble:

Hopefully that oyster bar also serves a decent absinthe, especially since they pair so well.

Happy birthday, Doc! :cheers:

Demun Oyster Bar does have an exceptional classic cocktail program, but I doubt they have much in the way of absinthe. Which brands/styles pair best with oysters, Abs? The mixologists there are into learning more about absinthe, so if I could pitch it to them as a perfect pairing, complete with examples, I might be able to make some more headway in this town.

A proper lady never kisses and tells. :closedeyes: I'm thankful everyday that I'm not a proper lady. :rolleyes:

Which brands/styles pair best with oysters, Abs?

Looking at it from a 'dry white wine pairs well with fish/seafood' perspective, I'd say that L'Italienne or La Grenouille would probably be the best choices, even though they're very different from traditional absinthes that went into the preparation of, say, Oysters Rockefeller.

Then you need to order a bottle or two of La Grenouille.

It's even more superlative, because of the addition of that mallowy ester, and enough anise to balance a bit of the perfumy dryness IMO. :cheers:

Really? If it's anywhere in the ballpark of L'Italienne I know I'll love it. I'll have to check Grenouille out.