8 replies to this topic

#1 endeavor

endeavor

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

Hello, I just recieved 3 bottles from France.

I don't need all 3 so I will sell this to someone local. My price is not a steal but less than the cost to import a single bottle.

Also, I will be happy to sell for $80 in 2 weeks if hasn't sold. After which point I would just keep it.

Cheers,

Paul

#2 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Welcome to the WS, Paul. :wave2: Just so you're aware, posting that you have absinthe for sale as your second post on WS is stepping outside of accepted practice. I'm sure you meant well and were just looking to recoup some $ from the extra bottles you bought, but until you're a familiar entity on the boards, it's not something you ought to be doing. I'm not intending to "bust your chops" but I just wanted to offer some friendly advice. Cheers. :cheers:
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#3 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Indeed, it is a bit of a red flag that the Doc expressed well. I agree. Conversely, it might be a nice opportunity for a couple of our Canadian friends to get a bottle of something different, too. I hear the pickin's are pretty slim up there.

'Looking forward to more contributions, Paul. :cheers:

#4 endeavor

endeavor

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:28 PM

I 100% hear what you guys are saying and yes the selection up here is slim. We have Taboo and that's about it as far as authentic absinth's go in BC. You can get Clandestine in other provinces but not here.

If this post is in bad taste I will delete it. Not sure what would be best.

#5 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:39 PM

If it were I, I might rescind the offer for now. Get comfortable on the boards and then revisit the issue again. It's not the offer, per se, that is problematic, but that it is made when you are essentially unknown. That said, I'll defer to what Joe thinks, if contrary to my suggestion, as he is older wiser than I. I hear you on the slim pickins, though. There used to be a time when there was no real absinthe to be had in the US, save ordering from overseas. The humanity!

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#6 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,970 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Discretion being the better part of valor (and having no idea what that might mean here), we'll let it ride and allow you to share your bounty with my Canadian friends. I'll give Endeavor the opportunity to prove my <ahem> wise faith by entreating him to join us more frequently and help change the Canadian absinthe landscape. By damn, I sound superfluous!

Now, about that older snip, Doc... ;)

#7 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Such vocabulary! My heart is all aflutter.

#8 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

Snip?

Welcome, Paul. :cheers:
I am the wood nymph.

#9 endeavor

endeavor

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

Ha ha, thanks. I have only had Taboo and LaFee Parisian before so I am very excited to get going on my new bottles.

I think a friend is going to grab my Lemercier so we can consider the absinthe sold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association