• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 xxhugexx

xxhugexx

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:18 PM

I quit cigarettes in November and have since started puffing on cigars lately on weekends. Cubans are 11$ to 30$ at the local shop and I can't afford to smoke these every weekend so I have found these cigars called ACID cigars. http://www.acidcigars.net/

Acid Krush Gold Sumatra Cigars have been my favorite so far. They are very sweet but more refined then a swisher sweet with more flavor. Let me know if you have tried any other flavors worth trying

#2 Ron

Ron

Blind Eye McGee

• Content Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:33 PM

Search, padawan! ;)
Every hour is green hour. -Hedonmonkey

Sometimes bad just gets so bad that it breaks thru to the other side and becomes good. - Phoenix

#3 Harry

Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

i buy most of my cigars from Cigars International (CI). when they have their Jambalaya...(normally 2 or 3 times a week (you have to check the site every morning)) ... you can get good deals plus free shipping... Joe's CI

if you like Acid, try their Cafe con Leche and their Opulence 3 cigars.... those are great...

Edited by rammer, 28 March 2011 - 11:38 PM.

#4 xxhugexx

xxhugexx

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

thanks for the tips, I have a sickness for favor and an absinthe with cigar is my favorite even though all my friends hate absinthe and cigars they like whiskey and cigarettes maybe one day they will come around and chill with me with the better side of life

#5 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 03:34 PM

I have a sickness for capitalization and punctuation. It's the difference between, "I once helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and "I once helped my uncle jack off a horse." :wave2:
Temperance, like chastity, is its own punishment. ~Four Vines "The Peasant"

Ça descend la gorge comme le bébé Jésus en culottes de velours.

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#6 Absomphe

Absomphe

Krinkles the Clown™

• 18,720 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 04:01 PM

:laf:

Damn, I missed you, Doc! :cheers:

Yes, I'm Krinkles the Clown on an absinthe a beer bender.

You got a problem with that?

#7 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . .Posted Image

You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough. ~Frank Crane

#8 xxhugexx

xxhugexx

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:32 PM

I have a sickness for capitalization and punctuation. It's the difference between, "I once helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and "I once helped my uncle jack off a horse." :wave2:

It's the difference between: "I once helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and "I once helped my uncle jack off a horse."

If you didn't have something shoved up yours then you would learn how to use your colon.

#9 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Good manners are made up of petty sacrifices.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

You just failed.

#10 Julie Legate

Julie Legate

0 jobs. 2 cents

• Advisory Board
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Poor form, Dude. Doc Judy was nicely pointing out that we appreciate an attempt at proper capitalization and punctuation. Your response displays literacy without tact. The difference is all the difference.
I am the wood nymph.

#11 xxhugexx

xxhugexx

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

Poor form, Dude. Doc Judy was nicely pointing out that we appreciate an attempt at proper capitalization and punctuation. Your response displays literacy without tact. The difference is all the difference.

I was kidding, why so serious?

#12 Joe Legate

Joe Legate

2 jobs. 0 sense.

• Advisory Board
  • 16,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

I'm happy to hear that. It read very harsh.

#13 FAC104

FAC104

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Newcomers and the tone make all the difference in the world.

Am I a newcomer? Sort of, but not really. I watch - and speak when I need to speak

#14 sardonix

sardonix

C30H40O6 aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

It's the difference between: "I once helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and "I once helped my uncle jack off a horse."

Not to beat a dead horse, but it sounds kinda like the difference between animal cruelty and bestiality... :tongue:
(Sorry, Joe, I couldn't resist)
((Abs, we Buffalonians are not only clever, but can also be real assholes anetholes!)) :laugh:

Edited by sardonix, 03 April 2011 - 07:21 AM.

I think, therefore I am. Or am I over-thinking? I am thinking it over...

#15 nny12345

nny12345

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 07:35 AM

I haven't given the ACIDs a chance yet but I might give one a shot now that you seem to enjoy them so. If you haven't tried them yet, JAVA makes some very nice cigars with a lot of vanilla finish to them. I've found they pair really nicely with both absinthe and bourbons sweeter finishes and hold up against a strong drink. Wouldn't recommend them with anything that doesn't have a dominant flavor of it's own though.

#16 Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

I used to smoke a lot of Acids when I quit smoking cigarettes. My favorie Acids are One, and Cold Tea Infusion. However, flavored sticks will get old after a while.

I'm currently a big fan of the Arturo Fuente Hemingway series, Oliva V series, the smaller ring gauges of the Cameroon Nub, and anything from Alec Bradley is pretty damn good too.

Just an FYI: (Is my colon OK?) Acid, Java, Natural, Casa del Sol, Ambrosia, Joya de Nicuragua, and Liga Privada are all made by Drew Estate. The latter two brands are not flavored and are some great cigars, with Liga Privada being the pinnacle of the Drew Estate line.

Happy puffing!

#17 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

I am a bit of an ACID cigar fan, when I'm in the right mood. I recently tried the ACID Gold hookah shisha and was really surprised to find I don't like it at all. I'll give it another go in a month or two, but it's just not good tasting and a bit rough smoking even in a ice-filled Kahlil Mamoom 28" hookah. :thumbdown:

#18 Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:28 PM

I wasn't aware ACID produced shisha. I'll have to hit my local Drew Estate rep up for some.

#19 jcbphd

jcbphd

Hooch Essence

• Advisory Board
  • 3,975 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

I've got some that's "gently used". I could send it to you gratis. Not my cup 'o tea, or bowl o' shisha. ;)

#20 Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:11 AM

PM sent. Thank you.

#21 merkaba

merkaba

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:57 PM

Acid cigars are a guilty pleasure, where one has to smoke them under a blanket to hide thy sin from God.

They taste great, but somewhere down the line they messed something up. The smaller ones seem to get really mooshy. I was also fairly unimpressed with a non flavored Drew Estate cigar I had years ago that made me question what those delicious oils are hiding in the tobacco. I ordered a sampler tin a few days ago to give them another chance, hoping its different now.

#22 Alfred Jarry

Alfred Jarry

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Triple Apple or Banana Split by Al Tawareg are some of my favorite flavors of shisha. Hookah-shisha.com is a good source for any looking to start off their hookah experience. If you are looking for a good cigar smoke, might I suggest the following brands: CAO, Montecristo, Romeo Y Julieta, and Rocky Patel Vintage. Personally, I love pipe tobacco, though. My favorite blend is Classic Samsun by McClelland. Nightcap by Dunhill and My Mixture 965 are also recommended. Happy trails. :thumbup:
"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so solvent and corrosive that out of all substances, it has been chosen for washing and scourings, and a drop of water, added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddies it."

#23 Titus

Titus

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

older thread here but I thought I'd post. While recently in San Francisco with the girls I picked up Acid cigars because the girls wanted to smoke for the first time. I knew an Acid would go over well with the sweeter taste, and now they want to hang out and smoke more often.

Last night I had an absinthe and cigar night myself, good stuff.

#24 Songcatcher

Songcatcher

Extrait d' Hillbilly

• Bronze Member
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

"I once helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and "I once helped my uncle jack off a horse."

I dare to say ole uncle Jack was grateful for the help :laf: :wave2:

The room it smelled heavy of drinkin',  

and the sad silent song, made the hour twice as long,

as I waited for that sun to go sinkin'.

#25 Larspeart

Larspeart

Advanced 'member'...

• Silver Member
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

Shabba got me turned on to a good chunk of the Gurkha line of cigars. I float all over in terms of brands and sizes, but style-wise, I know what I like at least.

"Here's to the corkscrew - a useful key to unlock the storehouse of wit, the treasury of laughter, the front door of fellowship, and the gate of pleasant folly." - W.E.P. French

We're only immortal
For a limited time.

#26 Alfred Jarry

Alfred Jarry

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM

...and now they want to hang out and smoke more often.

Java by Drew Estate is another winner in the realm of flavored cigars. :devil:

Edited by Alfred Jarry, 04 February 2012 - 07:36 PM.

"Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so solvent and corrosive that out of all substances, it has been chosen for washing and scourings, and a drop of water, added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddies it."

#27 Fox

Fox

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Just got into these a bit, bought one for a friend last year and enjoyed the smell, so couldn't resist when I happened by the cigarillos in a smoke shop with a couple extra bucks in my pocket. It was the Blue Connecticut flavor and though I've limited my smoking to the occasional hookah, I found them go be an easy smoke. Since then I've tried the One and Hawg, neither of them were bad (although the One left an odd aftertaste) but I definitely prefer the smaller blues.

My friend also suggested I try a montecristo, so I picked one up and will give that a try in the near future.

Edited by Fox, 11 April 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#28 Riley5

Riley5

Newcomer

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

When I began smoking cigars I chose the Acid Kuba Kuba. It was not before long that I noticed construction issues with cigars made by Drew Estate. I then started smoking more traditional (real cigars) and have never looked back. I even found construction issues with cigars in the Liga Privada line which was quite a disappointment. I like Kristoff cigars especially the Ligero Maduro and the Sumatra, as well as Arturo Fuente Opus X. Currently I am smoking the Perdomo Habano Maduro.

#29 elfnmagik

elfnmagik

Mumbler

• 3,302 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

La Vieja Habana.
"I really like depriving myself of things. It's fun! Very monastic." - Kosmo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association