Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Hello Everyone

Hi Folks

I said hello over la Fee verte last week and now Im saying hi over here. Ive been lurking for a while and appreciate all the great absinthe info Ive found here.

So far Ive consumed a bottle of UE 68, VDF, FG, Kübler 53 and Kallnacher (two seperate orders from LDF...they are fast!). Liked the FG and the Kalnacher less than the others. Picked up a bottle of Pernod just to see the difference....is it me, or does FG taste like Pernod?

I am now anxiously awaiting a shipment of BDF, Clandestine, Duplais, Montmarte and Abisnthe Amer 72...which I was hoping would arrive today, but alas no (from absinthedistribution...I only placed the order wednesday night, so its not anything to worry about). I think I like the ones with higher alcohol content more, but I did like the Kübler alot and Im looking forward to the Clandestine quite a bit. I ordered the Absinthe Amer to share with my buddies....I didnt want to share the Kübler with my friends, and I killed the UE and the VDF without sharing with anyone except a lovely southern blonde I know.....a few friends got a glass or two of FG and Kallnacher.

Im in my late 30s finishing a PhD in Cultural Anthropology. THe whole growing absinthe community and phenomenon is utterly fascinating to me on its own....and the drink...I love! I also work often as a pianist...after the Xmas season and its increased work, Ill order a Jade or two.

I live in Jersey City, NJ (please, save the jokes) but Im more connected to Manhattan than Jersey.

So...hello everyone :)

Hey Evolution, good to have you. :cheers:

Looks like you have a good start there.

To me, the FG and the Kübler taste really similar, but the Kübler is admittedly much nicer. If you're talking about Pernod 68 Absinthe, no, I can't say I've ever found them similar. If you're talking about locally available Pernod pastis, I don't know, it's been a long time since I had it.

Say howdy to the Leed's child for me.

To me, the FG and the Kübler taste really similar, but the Kübler is admittedly much nicer.  If you're talking about Pernod 68 Absinthe, no, I can't say I've ever found them similar.  If you're talking about locally available Pernod pastis, I don't know, it's been a long time since I had it.

i meant the pastis. And I killed the FG before I had the pernod, so Im not completly sure....

But I did taste the FG and Kübler back to back and back again a couple of times. I did find them similar, but I thought the Kübler had a better flavour overall. I found myself wishing the FG was as good as the Kübler. I actually found my opinions about the bottles changing as I drank them more. At first I liked the VDF more than the UE68, but by the end I felt the reverse. Mind you, I still liked the VDF! Im really looking forward to the BDF, as the reviews I've read make it sound really good.

Welcome! And don't worry. I don't think anyone here will raise the spectre of "Intelligent Design". Given all the "trial and error", I expect everyone here is a scientist... at least at the beginning.

:drunk: Salutations!

Just got some Kubler53 and Clandestine enroute to moi from LdF after reading the great experiences and reviews from some of these highly experienced absinthe lovers onboard

As you'll see..This is a wonderful place to learn from and enjoy :)