Sign in to follow this  
prone2obsess

excited / new to this and just this evening discovered...

ok I'm impressed

Duplais verte. to about 2 parts water and about 1/3 of one of those sugar cubes wrapped in paper

that says absinthe.

Suddenly I can imagine gilt-aged Paris obsessed. It all makes sense now.

No fair that this site's formatting is such an ubuntu challenge. Just have to deal with the weirdnesses.

What now? I can't afford $72 a bottle. Just bought a clearance $40 Kübler but didn't like it so much.

Have to go- I think Edgar is at the door...

Have to go- I think Edgar is at the door...[/sub]

Weird...that's the 3rd time I've heard someone say that today. How about buying a $60 something bottle like Pacifique, or an even LESS bottle of Vieux Pontalier, and drinking 3/4 ounce doses to make it the same price in the end as the Kübler you bought? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the Duplais Blanche, as we like that here, as well. If you'd like to try a good verte and are strapped for cash, it's hard to beat Obsello for $45 to $50. For a little more money, the choices Scott mentioned are likewise excellent.

Hmm. Obsello. I need to get some more of that. It's been too long since I last had a bottle.

Me too. I just ordered a bottle for my annual trip way south...

Welcome to the forum, and to your new obsession.

(& Happy National Absinthe Day)

:cheers:

Welcome to forum. Duplais Verte is an excellent absinthe to start with. And I second buying some Obsello if your strapped for cash.

Welcome!

A dissenting opinion (and I want to emphasize opinion) from me on the Obsello, I just had a couple of glasses from my bottle the other evening, hadn't been into it for a while. For me, it's just too heavy on the mint, and comes across a bit dull and lifeless. The price is certainly right, but if I were looking for value I'd suck it up and spend the extra few bucks for Ridge (if you can find it), or the Pacifique or Vieux Pontarlier as Scott suggested earlier in the thread.