Sign in to follow this  
Mario84

Refined Sugar Cube or Brown Cane Sugar Cube?

So... I did my deeds today and I have nothing to do until a friend comes over...

I have like one dose of Absinthe left, I have my glass and spoon... and yesterday I bought one pack of brown sugar cubes (cane sugar) and one pack of regular whites...

I havent tried Absinthe with sugar yet to be honest, so now will be the first time trying that, but I only have one dose and two types and I REALLY wanna get to drinking now!

Hehe... any reccomendations?

The type of shugar will have an effect on the flavor. The less refined will add its own effects to the flavor profile. In my experiance I like the refined cane or beet shugars, but to each there own. I have tried the recent (in the last two years) experiments that the soda companies have produced going back to cane shugar in the sodas for limited runs. I can taste the difference, some I like some I dont. I say try them all, and go with what you like.

Jim

I just had one dose of absinthe left, so thats why I asked... or else I wouldve tried one dose of each (with brown and white sugar)...

Now I'm drinking it with white sugar, which tastes fine enough... but I cant compare it to any other sugar just yet.

Fantastically beautiful avatar by the way! :arrr:

I've always used refined because it was the most handy and I've never been disapointed... ...by the sugar that is. Best sugar in the world isn't going to help lackluster absinthe. And vice versa, great absinthe wont be hindered by the the choice of sugar.

True T.C. ,

but you may find that you like your abdinthe better with one than another. it won't majically change a bottom shelf into a top shelf just a matter of finding out what you like better.

Jim

Edited by White Wolf

it won't majically change a bottom shelf into a top shelf

Oh, hell no and there have been several that have tried.

Nice shot Jim. :wave2:

True T.C. ,

but you may find that you like your abdinthe better with one than another.

Jim

I'll have to get both and try them in a side-by-side. Perhaps just a poor excuse to have 2 glasses of absinthe at the same time.

Haha...

Anyway, I didnt find that sugar made too much of a difference to the drink... the difference was very vague...

But in a day or two I'll have another bottle and more than enough time to try all sorts of sugars! :dribble: