Titus

Absinthe In Seattle

This weekend my wife and I stayed in the city for fun and did a bit of bar hopping. At Tini Bigs I had a St. George and was happy to see the bartender had the same fountain as me, Luscious Oily Lesbians!. Later, after an Irish Pub, 88 Keys Piano Bar, and some other hopping... we ended up at the Pink Door for some old fashioned Burlesque and a Duplais. They served it with a glass of ice and gave me my own old-timey-looking milk jug like glass of water to add at my own discretion.

It was a fun, absinthe-filled weekend and I have to say I'm glad to finally start finding some places that actually stock some green, and know how to serve it ;)

Oh yeah at 88 Keys the bartender told me he was thinking about carrying Absinthe, so of course I recommened the only local blend I know of, Pacifique. ;)

I wasn't aware that Marteau was local I should say, but now that I am, you can bet it will be next on my to-drink list ;) thanks! (I really need to pay attention to where these drinks are distilled L.O.L.!)

Edited by Titus

Awesome, I'll be in Seattle the last weekend in March. Plan on going to Marteau , do you know how far that is from the Red Lion Hotel?

I appreciate your sharing the "stops" you made, I will have to follow your lead...I can't wait

from their website it looks like their new distillery (Marteau) is just a few blocks south from where I was this weekend, cool! :)

If you are staying at the Red Lion on 5th you are staying in one of my favorite areas of all of Seattle. Tini Bigs is a $8 cab ride to your north (Absinthe), the Pink Door Cabaret and Pike is just a few minutes/blocks west towards the water, and pioneer square a short cab ride to your south. Sodo is a bit of a juant though so I think I'd recommend the cab or the car to Marteau.

As a Seattle-ite I also recommend stopping by Can Can Cabaret right near Pike Place Market if you enjoy absinthe and burlesque. My friends who have been all say it provided a very entertaining evening and if you check the website they also have "Green Hour" for absinthe specials. If you manage to make your way a little Northeast towards Pacific Distillery in Woodinville it's a great way to spend the afternoon on wine tastings and other delicious local vodka distilleries like Softtail and Project V.

Pink Door is also a wonderful spot, delicious cioppino there as well. *drool*

Glad to hear you had a great time here in the Great North-Wet Titus!

As a Seattle-ite I also recommend stopping by Can Can Cabaret right near Pike Place Market if you enjoy absinthe and burlesque. My friends who have been all say it provided a very entertaining evening and if you check the website they also have "Green Hour" for absinthe specials. If you manage to make your way a little Northeast towards Pacific Distillery in Woodinville it's a great way to spend the afternoon on wine tastings and other delicious local vodka distilleries like Softtail and Project V.

Pink Door is also a wonderful spot, delicious cioppino there as well. *drool*

Glad to hear you had a great time here in the Great North-Wet Titus!

I actually live just a few minutes outside of Seattle but spend as much time in the city as possible :)

I was able to enjoy a glass of Marteau the last time I was at the Can Can. All the while enjoying a dark night limited run performance of Gaydolf Hitler in Hell. Good times! :cheers:

The spot Can Can occupies is under renovation right now, and I'm not sure if they've relocated or are waiting it out.

But it's just a short walk halfway down the hill behind Pike Place Market to find the Zig Zag Cafe.

No burlesque, but plenty of absinthe and just about anything else you'd like to drink.

the can can is actually like right across the street during renovation. You know the little donut vendor in Pike? the Can Can's temporary hideout is up the stairs from them.

We had a very fun evening there last October. I still have a couple of the fliers that were thrown into the audience.......also known as the victims. Their mac and cheese is way good.:)

Tony, if you want to arrange a bar meetup while you're in town, there are more than a few Seattlites on the board here. Could be a good time to hijack some bars fountain for our own table :)

Maybe Tini Bigs in the near future? I actually have a groupon I need to burn there anyways,

Next weekend I can't, I'll be in B.C..

Edited by Titus