Sign in to follow this  
Gwydion Stone

What's up with Markus?

Till end of this year, we're offering one product each week for a special price.

This week:

1019_p1.jpg

UlexAbsinth

0,7 Litre

70%

The paper round the bottle looks quite strange, but the content is really tough. Nothing sweet, just herbal bitterness. Could be a good idea to get a nice Absinthespoon and some sugar, to make the drink more pleasant. More than 30mg of Thujone...

I understand if he's wanting to clear out his stock of Hill's and Ulex and probably Elixier next week, but I'm disappointed in his ad copy. I realize that he's been a very reliable vendor for a lot of you, but it's getting harder for me to stay behind him. I'm a firm believer in doing business with integrity, and this thujone and herbal bitterness hyping gets under my skin.

FWIW, I don't think Markus believes in the thujone hype crap. He once posted something at FV to that effect. He is afterall, a German, and his market is also Germany where the thujone myth has gained extraordinary status. I think that these thujone hyping bastards (Hills, now La Fee Bohemian, Ulex, Tabu, etc.) are what will kill any chance of absinthe becoming legal in the USA. As long as it is being marketed as a "high" as opposed to a fine flavored liquor, we in the USA will be screwed. Nevermind the common sense that shows like "The Thirsty Traveller" purport. We still have to deal with crap like that shit from National Geographic special on absinthe. Shit. We, as grate edumacated minds, must at every opportunity, shoot down the talk that anything Czech/German is absinthe (even absinth) but poorly rectified alcohol with crappy empyreumatic oils and artificial coloring added.

True. True. I've started coming right out and referring to Czech/German swill as "fake" and "fraudulent" when dealing with newbies. Which it essentially is. "Fake" is a pretty strong word, especially in the minds of people who are willing to risk a shitload of money.

As annoying as so many of them are - and we all know they just want to get high - I just can't stand by and watch some foolish, underpaid cashier at Wal-Mart waste $200 on a bottle of King of Spirits. They're going to be disappointed in the high anyway, at least they could end up with a decent bottle of booze.

Really, Hartsmar...

Just because you're brave enough to taste test all that crap to review on your website, in the interest of preventing others from making the same mistakes, doesn't mean YOU'RE on trial here. :D

Until you start giving that thujone- hyped crapsinth glowing reviews, that is. :cheers:

Dream interpretation:

Conju misses the innocence of his n00b days, when cheap Spanish oil mixes were tasty and he looked forward to Trippin' Balz. Now, his palate is Jaded, and his wallet is drained, and plain vodka just won't cut it anymore.

Poor Conju. :harhar: