peridot

Music Project 2011

Careful that the Aleve doesn't mask the pain and cause you to do more damage. At your age, you don't heal as fast and neither do I.

Thanks Bill...you're right. We never get past our early 20s on the inside, but these bodies do take longer to heal

as we get older. I made my Dad's noise the other day getting up from my desk chair. :wheelchair:

I think I can handle it...it's a quick tune, and I really need to play a bit. It's up to my studio guy at this point, he may be booked.

Yeah, I'm feeling the crunch this time as well. I have to re-record vocals on my main submission and then take it over to a friend's place to get a guitar solo.

It is amazing how much home remodeling with a deadline will put a damper on your studio time. I will still try to valiantly make the deadline, however right now it is looking a little bleak. It doesn't help that I am a perfectionist.

:twitchsmile:

Okay, we're only a few days away from the deadline and we're just waiting on one or two more tracks to come in. At this point I'd like everyone to please post here or pm me relevant track information. As normal, the tracks will be listed as "Artist - Title" (or the reverse) on the back. I'd like to get that from everyone, even if it seems obvious since I have the songs, because some people do or don't capitalize. Also, precenphix has reconstructed a track by someone else and we need to know how to credit that.

There will also be a limited amount of space on the insert to list relevant information about your track if you absolutely have to share, so please post that, too.

This is what I have so far. It's a good track order that flows but it probably isn't final, depending on Green Baron's track, etc. Let me know what I have wrong, as I'm sure there's something.

precenphix - Powerless

Empyrean - Le Retour De Mère-Terre

Card 13 - Ma muse libérer

Kyle McDermid - King Leonidus's Tetrimino

Plasticstatic - Chemistry of Thought

Scrumpy Scrumpington - Gelatinous Acquiescence

Peridot Elixir - Death and Discord

Kyle McDermid - Papa

SB MacDonald - Delirium

Scrumpy Scrumpington - Weee-oooo

precenphix - A Study in Glass

Caitiff - Ghostly Miasma

Card 13 - Ma muse pauvre torturé

Ambear is doing the artwork and I'd like to be able to get her all of the final information as soon as possible after the deadline passes. I'd like to be able to get this on sale before the end of the month so that people can get their CDs in time to use as stocking stuffers and whatnot.

One more thing: the current list of tracks is up to 75 minutes. If we have anything else submitted that takes it further out than 5 more I'll have to cut someone's spare track. Probably my own track Ghostly Miasma. Y'all don't want blistering black metal on this thing anyway I'm sure. :)

The bad thing is we get close to the end of the year without enough material and folks start sending spare tracks they didn't ever plan on submitting just to help fill the thing... and then I become attached to this spare material and don't want to kick any of it off to make more room for the last-minute entries. :)

Not going to have time to get a masterful guitar solo done by a friend for Death and Discord so I did an alright one myself. So I suppose my submission(s) is done.

Though an extremely lame, emotionally wracking and time sucking situation developed in the last week (of course it did! The timing is perfect to fuck up all my important, time sensitive priorities!), I'm now back to work and making progress. I might make the deadline, I might not, but I'm happy we'll have enough material for a proper release either way. Worst case scenario, I'll have two tracks to submit next year.

Edited by Green Baron

If you don't get it done in time, send it to me anyway. That way I'll have something for next year to start off with. I think both previous years we've had people miss the deadline and say they'd submit the next year and then disappear.

Something along these lines should work fine.

precenphix: the powerless (precenphix reconstruction of Ill Cobsy’s “The Powerful”)

Original version written by Ill Cosby. Complete reconstruction by Ben Rabenold)

precenphix: a study in glass

written by Ben Rabenold

The bad thing is we get close to the end of the year without enough material and folks start sending spare tracks they didn't ever plan on submitting just to help fill the thing... and then I become attached to this spare material and don't want to kick any of it off to make more room for the last-minute entries. :)

:paperbag3:

Oh, and it's not necessary, but it'd be really keen if there'd be space to fit information that the original version, "The Powerful" by Ill Cosby is available on Car Crash Set Records.

You're kidding me! Wild!

Small world. I'll be dropping him an e-mail pronto...

Edit: Must be a really small world because according to him, it must be another Ill Cosby. I'm supposed to tell you, and I quote, "to fuck those stickers up!"

Edited by precenphix

Today is the day, stragglers. Get your submissions in today to be on this year's compilation. Get them to me tomorrow and you're on next year's. :)

Well, then I think we have a final set of songs. I'm going to play around more with the track order and see if any adjustments need to be made.

Green Baron, send me your track when you have it done. I want to go ahead and have it on hand.

At this point we have a final track order and I've leveled out the volume across all the tracks. I'm going to make sure there isn't any weird EQ shit to deal with and listen to it in headphones, car, monitors, etc.

She sent me almost final artwork tonight. Just a couple of small adjustments and we should be ready to go. I've been wasting time being indecisive about how to set volume on the tracks, whether to let mellower ones be a tad quieter than cacophonic ones to keep a mood going. That's how it currently is and it sounds really great but I don't want anyone to be disappointed that their track is a little low. I figure I'll dial all of that stuff up a bit last minute.

At the moment the plan is to have the product ready for purchase by the weekend.

I vote for even levels... it always makes the quieter tracks sound like there's something not quite right about them when the volume drops down, then pops back up on the next track. Clearly, I need to start playing death-metal uke to solve this issue! Just my opinion though.