id Wizard

Absinthe Visions book

Thumbs up, Damian. Having seen the originals, and being an owner of your prints, I can say it should do you very well. Really nice photo collection. Anything in the works for a hardcover? I just love hardcover coffee table books.

Man! Thank you for the kind words. This is an ongoing series. So there will be more. My ideas are getting bigger so the production grows exponentially. I'd love to do a hard cover version. My wife, Becky designed the book (she's got degrees and licences for that sort of behavior). She did a fantastic job.

The reason for the collection is that this group of 25 is what had been on display in New Orleans last summer and now in Austin at Péché (cool place). I think next it is coming to Houston (to Anvil).

I'd like to see the show go on the road. Maybe one of these absinthe producers would sponsor a tour (nudge, nudge).

Some of the images are being used or otherwise being made available through my sales site at http://archive.dhevia.com I'm in the process of uploading the images up there right now. I think have about 10 up there right now.

Some of you that have known me for a while know I have been working on this project since 2004 (I know. Slow progress). It has been a lot of fun and a good relief from my regular commercial work.

It's gratifying when guys like you offer your support.

My sincere thanks! More to come.

id

I'll take quality over quantity for this sort of thing.

P.S. I've never seen the absinthe herbs on the palette before. Amazing! Oh how I'd love to have one of those prints.

Cool! The palette shot will be seen very soon in absintheland.

I do agree that it does take longer to get things done right. But, I'm chompin' at the bit to get back into it and realize some of these ideas.

i

d

Great talking to you the other day on the phone Damian! I'll look forward to seeing the book (I ordered one tonight). It's important to support each other's efforts in this small world. Thanks for the kind words about my guitars BTW. There are so many interesting folks here!

Best, Scott

Thanks, Scott, for the support. I hope you'll like the book. Keep in touch and I'm ready to work on your guitars too.

And thanks all for your the comments.

i

D

Brining this post back from the dead ...

Rumor has it that there will be a feature article in the upcoming issue of Mutineer Magazine featuring Damian's work ;)

Subscribe now to make sure you get it in time or wait for it to be available on newsstands nationwide starting the first week of May!

If these rumors turn out to be true, I'll be really flattered to have my work be featured in a such a fine magazine as Mutineer. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

Also, look for Damian in his first movie role as "The Intellectual" (really testing his acting chops) showing in nooks and crannies on the web very soon!

Look for "The Urgent Intellectual".

Have a fun!

Very cool! Notice I haven't reached out to see how it's going. I know it's going to very strong. Really looking forward to seeing your great work.

Cheers!

D

Hi Bill.

Been a while. I hope all is going well for you.

Good. The Mutineer guys have a good thing going. The magazine consistently delivers great content. Plus it's a good looking magazine. They have fun with all of it while they put a lot of work into it.

Oh, I still have some of the back issues laying around for reference material.

They look like they have a good time and I know that there must be some hard work involved. But they make it an enjoyable magazine.

Good to see you again Damian and looking forward to more of your photos, :cheers:

I just can't call them pics, they are so damn good. :)

Thanks, Braddah!

My little brain is always doing that hamster in the wheel thing. We're working on some new stuff all the time. Progress is way too slow for me though. But it's all good fun.

Check this out...

Let me know what you think. I just popped it up there.

D