Sign in to follow this  
peridot

Musique d'Absinthe Volume 2

musiquevol2.jpg

I'm happy to present the 2010 edition.

To purchase a copy (or copies) click on the image above. As before, you can rotate and open the virtual CD case online. It's a mockup in a template and will look substantially better in person.

You can still buy last year's edition here.

Last year we decided to raise the price just a little bit. Last year they were $2 apiece. This year they're $4. They're still priced to move, but we can get a little bit more kickback to help keep WS operating. Again, it's more cost-effective to buy in bulk, so consider them as stocking-stuffers.

I want to thank everyone who submitted songs for this year's album. Last year we had 68 minutes across eleven tracks by six forum members. This year it's seconds short of 80 minutes across seventeen tracks by ten members. It was a rousing success.

I screwed up and left the WS web address off the artwork this year, just like it was last year. So if you give a copy to anyone make sure to give them the contact info. :)

I'm glad y'all like the artwork. That's the part where I was least confident.

It should be a pretty smooth listening experience. A few tracks were EQ'd in such a way that I couldn't get them quite as loud as everything else because certain frequencies were eating up the mix. I did what I could to master and EQ these tracks and did get them a little louder, but I resisted doing anything that would substantially change the overall sound of a track.

However, I didn't want to lower everything else to the level of those tracks either, as nothing on here meets standard volume levels on modern CDs as it is. I'm all about keeping volume a little bit low in order to preserve dynamics but I don't want people to have to crank their stereos all the way up to listen to the CD.

It was also a little challenging at times because some tracks are very expansive stereo and others are almost mono. The mono-ish tracks would sound just as loud as the more stereo tracks through speakers but then sound quieter through headphones. I think I found a good balance in the end.

I also trimmed silence off the beginnings and ends of tracks to make everything fit. I had three seconds to spare until Green Baron sent a final version of his .wav that was a few seconds shorter. I did little fade-outs on any tracks that cut off abruptly and didn't sound like they were supposed to.

Well, orders stalled and we haven't sold any since the first day. And it doesn't seem to be as much a topic of interest as it was last year.

Shaming us? Bah!

I've been away but I did what I told you I would. I'm looking forward to this CD. Our kids enjoyed the last one while they were "borrowing" my pickup. I'm sure they'll enjoy this year's offering as well.

:cheers:

I truly think this year's offering is better. It's more diverse in style and longer. There are ten tracks with vocals as opposed to I think two last year.

Sorry, I don't have any control over that.

Your order is placed directly with the manufacturer and the CDs are created at that time. We simply don't have any sort of budget for making them ahead of time and setting up a dedicated order site with a shopping cart.

Received mine last night. Bumped it in the car this morning. Reviews pending. So far, I'm most impressed with the intro track by sbmac. I'm digging track 8 as well. This is all the further I got.