Gwydion Stone

Absinthe Marteau and Gnostalgic Distillery

The NY shipment of Marteau was bottled today (336 bottles) and will be picked up on Friday. How long it will take to get to the NY distributor and then to DUNY, I don't know, but it won't be long! It will also be sold at Astor Wine & Spirits and Catskill Cellars.

Thanks for your patience. :cheers:

:thumbup:

:cheers: This is great news indeed!!! I dream of the day when Marteau comes to a store near me. Seeing the bottle at Marcello's Wine Market (Lafayette) or Sidney's News Stand (New Orleans) would be a dream come true! :yahoo: Edited by Cajun Magic

The NY shipment of Marteau was bottled today (336 bottles) and will be picked up on Friday. How long it will take to get to the NY distributor and then to DUNY, I don't know, but it won't be long! It will also be sold at Astor Wine & Spirits and Catskill Cellars.

Thanks for your patience. :cheers:

Any idea when it will be available at Astor Wines? It's not showing up on their web site yet.

No idea, but it should be soon. Once I send the shipment out, it's all between the distributor and their customers, the retailers. This shipment is mostly being split by DUNY and Astor, with some also going to Catskill and NYC bars and restaurants.

I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks and I always like to pay a visit to my favorite liquor store, so... fingers crossed... I want a bottle of Marteau!

A few years ago,a nice wooden box came with my Marteau order.Along with a few embellishments,i'ts been providing me with some much needed extra bathroom cabinet space ever since:[/indent]

(and)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/84607733@N08/.../in/photostream Edited by redwun

A few years ago,a nice wooden box came with my Marteau order.Along with a few embellishments,i'ts been providing me with some much needed extra bathroom cabinet space ever since

I :heart: that. That's exactly the kind of thing I was hoping folks would do with them.

There has been some talk of "get it before its gone" and the like in the "What are you drinking tonight" thread, and I figured Id come here for a little clarification. I was under the impresion that Marteau will be a regularly available absinthe, and not just some limited annual bottling or something.

I absolutely want to grab a bottle, but dont want to miss my opportunity...

Just looking for a little clarification :)

:cheers:

Well, I posted to get it before it's gone.

Bluewolf Pete corrected me today or last night. He's part of the bottling team I think and he told me they were going to keep moving on and building more.

I reckon my post was meant more like, it's good, it's available, don't dilly dally around. Strike while the iron is hot and the Marteau is still being produced.

I didn't mean you had to buy it immediately. I'm on a budget myself and I miss out on several offerings due to that.

I'm just very enthusiastic about Mr. Stone and his booze. From the first I had that was made overseas to what's been made here in the U.S.A.

I apologize if I created a panic.

:)

Thanks, optional.

AFO, It's my intention to keep making Marteau continuously as long as I'm able, or until someone offers me an obscene amount of money to stop. And when I say obscene, I mean enough to make you crawl over broken glass to set your mother on fire, obscene.

The past interludes in production were entirely involuntary.