Gwydion Stone

Absinthe Marteau and Gnostalgic Distillery

The crazy thing is that I figured Big Mike had already checked K&L since he hails from California, so I didn't bother looking. That's the only place that's had Marteau for the last year or so.

The crazy thing is that I figured Big Mike had already checked K&L since he hails from California, so I didn't bother looking. That's the only place that's had Marteau for the last year or so.

Hadn't heard of K&L. I'm in Pasadena, which is Southern Cal. They had it in the Silverlake area and I made the drive out to buy it there. They are all sold out, now.

I ordered two bottles from K&L, leaving two for anyone else. Hope they still have it in stock.

Looking forward to the new brew!

Update.

For those of you who are on facebook, you can see some photos of the progress at the distillery here.

I'm working on adding a gallery to the Gnostalgic Spirits site for the two or three people in Outer Mongolia who aren't on facebook.

I'm working on adding a gallery to the Gnostalgic Spirits site for the two or three people in Outer Mongolia who aren't on facebook.

:wave2:

If doing the courthouse set from Mockingbird in high school counts. However I do have a background in fine woodworking, sculpture and just making lots of stuff in general.

:wave2: Mongolia, Montana: my neighborhood.

You can peek over Jules' shoulder, ya Luddite. ;)

The sixth time, in history, that the word "luddite" has been used on these forums. Now, the seventh.

G~ has rightfully called me worse. ;) He knows Jules and I share the same space when we surf the intert00bs and he also probably knows, I have already looked intently at his distillery. :laugh:

The word "bunghole" has had me giggling for a few minutes now. :laugh:

Freemasonry?! Oh dear. I can't say that I've picked up any hints of that present here or in the distillery pictures.

:sarc:

I try to use the word "bunghole" whenever I can. A good double entendre makes a satisfying end to my day. :cheers:

When I hear the word, I always think of that uncorking noise that comes from yanking the cork from a bottle. :devil:

When I hear the word, I always think of that uncorking noise that comes from yanking the cork from a bottle.

And I still always think of Beavis and Butt-Head.

Edited by fingerpickinblue

What do we not have a long boring thread about?

a satisfying end

A good double entendre is always appreciated here, too, Doc.

Getting back on topic, is there a estimated date when the doors open and Marteau goes back into production?

The sixth time, in history, that the word "luddite" has been used on these forums. Now, the seventh.

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but you need to get out more, dude. :laugh:

What do we not have a long boring thread about?

If I told you, it would start a thread.

Getting back on topic, is there a estimated date when the doors open and Marteau goes back into production?

As with all things governmental, it's tough to pin it down, but I think we're still on track for this summer sometime for opening, i.e. getting our DSP permit. Then there's the matter of submitting the formula for approval, then the label.

I am excited to get a chance to try it...I'm working on trying as many higher-echelon absinthes as I can. ;)