Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Nikkel

A victim of my youth

I must not have been here for the Sugar Wars.

I can say that when I arrived the choice of sugar or not didn't seem associated with experience but rather, as you say Joe, personal preference.

I didn't know that fact about distillers, though. I love a day where I learn something :cheers:

I agree completely Joe, that was my intent, and that is why I mentioned that I still sugar much of what I drink. To me, some need it, and some don't. It isn't even about the bitterness factor either...more about flavor. I find some simply open up more a bit with sugar, and others seem to overload if sugar is used.

Everyone has different filters for sweet and bitter, so it is purely individual taste. This is why I prefaced with "don't be surprised".

It was more my way of suggesting Ryan experiment, in case he enjoyed it more with less.

Oh, alright, usually, getting loopy was the top priority, but I'd draw the line at swill like Budweiser, Boone's Farm, Night Train, or MD 20/20.

I tell people I was abused as a child because when I started drinking all I could get was Budweiser in cans. :dribble:

Sugar wars! I love sugar wars!! Kind of like mud wrestling only different!!

So as I'm reading this comment I'm thinking of my wife when she makes homemade frosting with powdered sugar, not bad .....

And with middle aged men. :devil:

I won't be able to shake that visual for the better part of the day :shock:

I tell people I was abused as a child because when I started drinking all I could get was Budweiser in cans. :dribble:

You were.

Of course, tracking down all the people you could sue retroactively might be a problem. :laugh: