Sign in to follow this  
ambivalentzombie

Care to join me?

I avoid redbull with booze, in my field of work you tend to see a lot of the bad side of doing so. And I have done the sugar cube in absinthe, it is a wonderful treat. I sometimes drop a cube in my glass and eat it when the glass empties.

My husband is a soda and redbull distributer. He LOVES vodka & redbull or jagerbombs... I tend to believe energy and alcohol are most offen a bad combo unless I drink some bakery liquors with my coffee in the mornings.

Its not the caffeine mixed with alcohol that's an issue so enjoy those Irish coffees :D it is the extra ingredients in energy drinks that can cause problems, but that's mostly an issue among frat boys downing redbulls and vodkas all night like. Enjoyed in moderation i have never seen any bad effects. So tell him to continue to enjoy as well.

I'm partial to the occasional Arsenic and Old Lace, but I use absinthe instead of pastis. An Obituary is almost always good.

There are a ton of recipes here on the site, and some interesting cocktail books out there.

This book looks real interesting and has a slight variation on the Arsenic and Old Lace that I haven't tried yet.

Absinthe and redbull...people mix it and drink it, but I think there are better cocktails to experiment with out there.

La Maison Fountaine has some interesting cocktails. I don't know how Mansinthe would work with some of them, but who knows. It's you absinthe, have fun with it and please, drink responsisibsibilibilly.

You'd be really suprised at what I've never had. As far as alcohol, theres not much I haven't tried. I hate beer. I got drunk on it once when I was 15. Never could stomach it after that. I don't try many things. I have a weird thing with foods though... I've only had an apple as far as fruit. (does orange juice count?)

If you ever get the chance to try Serpis, it's good with Red Bull. It's the only absinthe I don't feel guilty using as a mixer. Despite it tasting very different from what I would call my favorite absinthes, I enjoy it almost as much.

Brian, when I say theres not much I havent tried, gin is one of those few things. Gin, Wine, and... well, I can't think of anything else off hand, so... As far as you'd be suprised of what I havent tried, I meant more about food... Oranges, bananas, strawberries, watermelon, pineapple, peaches, (All the fruits accept apples.) I've never had a fresh tomato, mushrooms, broccoli, ok pretty much a most the veggies too... Oh, I've never had cheesecake, or pie... never had any seafood accept fishsticks, and like, maybe tuna in a can... Get the picture? haha

there is so much beauty in this world you must experience. So much magic and wonder. :D You are in for many treats if you start trying all these things you have not yet tried.

You are so right, M.A. I'm trying a nice glass of baby Sazerac right now and it's treating me just fine.

(I only make the AR jokes because I lived there so long, Zombie. :cheers: )

As far as you'd be suprised of what I havent tried, I meant more about food

Ah. You'd be surprised about what I haven't tried too. But for the opposite reason. There's very little I haven't tried. And I have the waistline to prove it. :devil: Although the new workout program is helping a bit with that. Balut, Durian, Blood and onion gelatin, callos, tendon, etc etc. They've all passed down my gullet.

And I'm with m.a.m., you've got a lot of great things out there that will open your mind to new horizons.

If I may ask, was there a specific reason why those things were never tried?

I like Arkansas jokes because their kinda true... hahaha!

I'm watchng the sun come up... It's pretty chilly so I'm enjoying a nice hot mocha with bailey's...

I think I might go back to bed.. It's my wedding anniversary this weekend. (we got married on halloween) ... I can't believe it'sbeen 9 years! Started dating my husband shortly after I turned 16, and been married 2... (theres ome Arkansas jokes for ya ;) )

(I only make the AR jokes because I lived there so long, Zombie. :cheers: )

Whoa...

Arkansas and Buffalo, Joe?

Why, it's amazing you haven't sprouted another head! :laugh:

Sure, Brian... It kinda sounds funny though... I have an obsession with texture. The way it looks, or feels especially. And if it looks like ir feels like it might have a funny texture, I don't put it in my mouth. Take strawberries for example. They are covered in little seeds. And even when I take tweezers and pluck every seed out (yes, I actually did this & gave up when I reached a little over 500 seeds) theres still a million little holes. I think about how that would feel in my mouth and it makes me gag. I start thinking of all the really gross things I've seen that remind me of what I'm about to eat. pasta strainers, pores, the insides of a flower, even sicker the freaky kid in school whos face was covered in blackheads (GROSS!)... And then I totally lose it... Im trying hard not to right now. I don't know why those things freak me out, but it does. Even the pasta strainer. I don't use them. ughhh..... It makes me feel like I need to wash my hands with boiling water... I do the same thing with jello (I had nursing school where they showed what fat looks like in layers in our body. It still gives me nightmares), bananas, pudding, black olives, ocra (eww!)... Oh, man, you name it, if I havent eaten it, theres justification in my mind... Even some non food items give me the creeps like the pasta strainer, even some of the absinthe spoons gave me the willies. My old therapist said it was a form of obsessive compulsive disorder. Its like in that movie "signs" where little Bo had that obsession with her drinking water. I'm living proof thats true, because I don't drink water thats not cold. Or out of a hose. Its like I can taste the minerals. Some foods can't even come in my house like ocra. NO WAY. When I was super little I sqeezed fried ocra in my hand and that mental image still makes me wanna throw up. It makes me itch all over like theres bugs on me, or makes my stomach turn. I welcome ya'll to poke fun at me, haha, I'm very used to it... I have little "tics" like that a lot. I don't like stepping on cracks.. Theres a lot of things like that. But its mainly with food.

See? Im obsessing right now, hahaha!

Yeah, techdriver... haha, thats true... I like to pick apart everything before I make a decision...

True.

Now make it easier on yourself and stop trying to research your next absinthe by surfing a million different sites. A large majority of what you come across gives you misleading information and/or nasty absinthe.

Do your research here, and pick something that's been thoroughly rated.

To even further simplify pick a site you wish to order from. Like I said before, drinkupny if you only wish to spend $100 absintheonline if you wish to spend $150 or rueverte if you want to spend $200 (one should always take advantage of the free shipping) and if you want to spend less then that then i am affraid you are stuck with the slim pickings that you may find at your local stores. After you choose where to order, then you can start looking up the reviews here for the brands they carry and go with some solid rated stuff.

Am I missing any other vendors who offer free shipping guys? That is all that I am aware of. If you order anywhere that doesn't offer free shipping you will be looking at paying the price of a bottle for the shipping.

To even further simplify pick a site you wish to order from.
Indeed. I agree wholeheartedly.

Am I missing any other vendors who offer free shipping guys?

I think Jen's shop might, but I'm not absolutely sure.