• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

For the last week or so, they have been down. Says "being maintained, up in 15 minutes."
I wonder what's up?

#2 rob fritz

rob fritz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

I was gonna ask you that same question, I've been trying for the last week. Guees I'll go low tech ( something called a phone) and find out tomorrow

#3 thegreenimp

thegreenimp

Obsessed Herbsaint Collector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:37 PM

Closed, along with the Absinthe Museum of America.
At the close of the day drink an Herbsaint Frappé,...Legendre Herbsaint, always served when absinthe is called for.
The History of Legendre Herbsaint

#4 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

I spoke with René for a long while a few weeks ago. It's mostly a personal matter, but yes, La Maison d'Absinthe and the museum are closed.

The good news is that René anticipates a whole new venture by the first of the year, so the paraphernalia drought should be brief.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#5 Herbaceous Vic

Herbaceous Vic

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 06:04 AM

Ugh, sorry to hear that, but the good news is indeed good. May it all goes well.

Edited by Herbaceous Vic, 27 October 2010 - 06:44 AM.

#6 Misanthrope

Misanthrope

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:32 AM

Bummer :no: I bought plenty of stuff from there and with Christmas coming up... Oh well.

Edited by Misanthrope, 27 October 2010 - 08:33 AM.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#7 Harry

Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:42 AM

I spoke with René for a long while a few weeks ago. It's mostly a personal matter, but yes, La Maison d'Absinthe and the museum are closed.

The good news is that René anticipates a whole new venture by the first of the year, so the paraphernalia drought should be brief.

any news if Rene' has opened up his new venture? i need some accessories......

#8 tami

tami

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I think they might be selling stuff on eBay. Someone is selling absinthe accessories and including the wrapped sugar cubes that MdA always had, look just like 'em

#9 Jay

Jay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

I know that much of what's being sold on eBay from vendors in the Seattle area is actually liquidated stock from a shop or wholesaler which was closed down sometime last year and auctioned off. I couldn't say if any of the current eBayers are/were affiliated with that shop, though.

#10 Misanthrope

Misanthrope

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:22 AM

They were the only domestic source for stainless steel fountains and they went down before I could order one. :(
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#11 speedle

speedle

Peanut Gallery owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Any word of late?
- cogito ergo louche

“I lost some time once. It's always in the last place you look for it.” - Neil Gaiman

#12 K.Lowe

K.Lowe

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:34 AM

Hey everyone :) I sure wish someone could help me, The LA Maison D'Absinthe site was a great place to shop without going across the big pond and also had some good prices, I'm looking for a nice lady driper and when I went to there site it was gone :( Does any one know if they plan to reopen god I hope so, I enjoyd dealing with them. If any one could help me with this question I would be greatful :)
thanks for everyones time.
K. Lowe IL. USA

#13 Harry

Harry

• PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

try eBay or absinthania......

#14 K.Lowe

K.Lowe

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:35 AM

try eBay or absinthania......

#15 K.Lowe

K.Lowe

Newcomer

• Neophyte
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:40 AM

Thanks, I will give it a try!!!

#16 Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

invisible member

• 3,304 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

They were the only domestic source for stainless steel fountains and they went down before I could order one. :(

True, but the company that shipped and stocked these for them was Saxon, good folks. They may still have these in stock. It's worth a try! I'd call them to ask. You'll see Christmas carousels and go "huh?" but trust me, they have fountains, however I'm not sure of the SS ones, they DID however ship mine to me last year
when I ordered from Maison D'Absinthe.

Saxon

#17 drosstogold

drosstogold

• Gold Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:01 AM

...Saxon is the wholesale division (my main supplier for gear) of Absinthe Devil :cheers:
Please visit
You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you. Isadora Duncan
Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. Ambrose Bierce

catskillcellars.com

#18 Gwydion Stone

Gwydion Stone

Propriétaire

• Root Admin
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

True, but the company that shipped and stocked these for them was Saxon, good folks.

No, Saxon was a customer of Bonnecaze & Cie., which was the wholesale arm of La Maison d'Absinthe.

Maker of Marteau Absinthe
Master Distiller, Gnostalgic Spirits Distillery
www.absinthemarteau.com
Confessions of an Absinthiste

#19 drosstogold

drosstogold

• Gold Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:16 PM

I don't recall anyone else carrying stainless steel fountains stateside other than Rene at the time.
Please visit
You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you. Isadora Duncan
Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure. Ambrose Bierce

catskillcellars.com

#20 Artemis

Artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:48 PM

Does anyone here know the status of this absinthe accessories shop?

Is it reopened in New Orleans?

#21 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

I can't remember who said it or where I read it, but I believe itmight be opening alongside/with/adjacent to the Museum of the American Cocktail.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#22 Artemis

Artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Which is where?

I'm right across the river but I stay the hell out of New Orleans for the most part.

#23 Brian Robinson

Brian Robinson

Shabba

• Advisory Board
  • 12,805 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:18 PM

1 Poydras Street, Suite 169 (Julia Street entrance)

Not sure about the absinthe museum though, but I'm sure I read it somewhere. I plan to find out more when I visit in 4 months.
Answers to common newcomer questions.

List of WS articles from across the web.

Help other absintheurs and newcomers by submitting a review. Click here to go to the main review page to submit your entry.

Rantings of a DC Gourmand.
WS on the Mutineer Blog!

#24 Artemis

Artemis

Le Pape d'Absinthe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:37 PM

Okay thanks.

Maybe we'll go into town and recon the thing.

Probably I'll have to refer him to the Internets.

Absinthe Devil?

#25 thegreenimp

thegreenimp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

The Absinthe Museum relocated at The Southern Food and Beverage Museum on the Riverwalk.
At the close of the day drink an Herbsaint Frappé,...Legendre Herbsaint, always served when absinthe is called for.

#26 thegreenimp

thegreenimp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 07:33 AM

Official Opening:

La Galerie d’Absinthe Opening Saturday, March 26 from 4 to 6 pm

Raymond and B.J. Bordelon have completed the installation of their extensive collection of Absinthe artifacts and ephemera in Southern Food and Beverage Museum. With an extensive display of absinthe through the years, absinthe spoons, absinthe cocktail recipes, and absinthe fountains, this museum will explore and answer all of your absinthe related questions. We will celebrate the opening of La Gallerie d’Absinthe in March, when the infamous ban on the green drink was officially lifted in 2007.

Join us in welcoming the Absinthe Museum and experience a sip of one of the world’s more notorious beverages for yourself. The reception will feature Lucid absinthe, provided by Veridian Spirits.

http://southernfood.org/sofab/?p=2733

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2014 The Wormwood Society Absinthe Association