ambivalentzombie

What do YOU like to do while drinking absinthe?

Sarah, it's a brand new release. If you want to read a little more on the back story, check out the Swiss IGP thread here on the forums ;)

If you order it, let us hear what you think!

I like to put on some music, sit in my living room and play cards ideally. The other night I was listening to Lama Gyurme "The Lama's Chants (Songs of Awakening/Roads of Blessings)" Tibetan Buddhist chanting. There were no cards, just sitting listening and contemplating.

I've really enjoyed it while on my back patio with some friends around the fire pit. I've enjoyed it watching a movie or two (Coraline most recently) and I've enjoyed while doing a tarot layout for myself. I've enjoyed absinthe while cooking as well. I made some small (5") quiches to take to work for lunch while enjoying a glass.

Great thread :cheers:

The story on absintheonline was kinda interesting.[/size][/font]</H3>

The story behind Duvallon works or La Clandestine or La Jeannote is much more interesting, better get these.

answering the question: I am creating while drinking. Drinking between this or that is an interval.

Buffalo '66. Spanning time.

Just saw this. One of my favorite movies. Have you seen Vincent Gallo's website? It's pretty funny. In the merchandise section he sells dates for $50,000. And he'll impregnate you for $1,000,000.

Green Man, what kind of card games do you like to play? I'm trying to learn poker. I just can't get the face right, heehee...

Thanks Boggy, I'll look that up.

Ryan, haha... Who's thi man and why would I date him for 50K and why on earth would I want him to impregnate me??? I'm laughing so hard at that. One man's sperm is as good as another, well, as long as his genes are decent.

I used to drink with friends, but I don't have many friends in town at all anymore, much less absinthe drinkers. So I generally drink while listening to Agalloch or something, or sometimes while watching something like Battlestar Galactica or Stargate Universe.

For a couple years I've been drinking more whisk(e)y than absinthe, probably because it seems to better suit solitary drinking.

Who's thi man and why would I date him for 50K and why on earth would I want him to impregnate me??? I'm laughing so hard at that. One man's sperm is as good as another, well, as long as his genes are decent.

Vincent Gallo

He's not serious (I think... I hope....).

Green Man, what kind of card games do you like to play? I'm trying to learn poker. I just can't get the face right, heehee...

The wife and I play gin a lot. Poker just isn't engaging with just the two players especially when you're married. I can't bluff to save my life with her. No matter what game we're playing though it's really just an reason to sit and talk. The game doesn't matter much :)

After she goes to bed it's solitaire and that's just something to do while I think. The only game I play to play is go fish or old maid with my kids.

I can't get the face right either, not to mention I'm a terrible coward. If it's not a really good hand I get nervous and fold :unsure:

Buffalo '66. Spanning time.

Just saw this. One of my favorite movies. Have you seen Vincent Gallo's website? It's pretty funny. In the merchandise section he sells dates for $50,000. And he'll impregnate you for $1,000,000.

Just saw my post or the movie? It's one I think everyone should watch at least once. It may not be a favorite for some folks, clearly, but it's a good flick. I actually sat down to watch that one night after borrowing it from someone, along with Scanner Darkly and Winter Passing, both recommended.

I just read Gallo's personal services on his merchandise page. That's friggin' funny, no matter who you are. Thanks for that!

Question, though. Does he guarantee I'll actually get pregnant? I don't want to just hand my millions over on a wish and a prayer.

As of lately I have been drinking absinthe while playing board games. Talisman and Decent journeys in the dark. Decent is a long game that can last days. You build your own dungeons, almost never ending with all of the expansion packs. The game requires three people at least. Two being heroes and one being the evil overlord. God, I sound like a nerd. :no:

I just spent the last 12 HOURS in a non-stop hunters education... Pass me a glass. It's absinthe time... My husband has convienced me to try his absinthe cocktail, which is a large shot of mansinthe and a shot of sprite. Hold on to your spoons, fellas, it's gonna be a bumpy ride....

It was standable. Well, the first one. Then I added a lot more sprite and it totally louched that time and it was a lot better. I'm pretty drunk right now actually. I've had 2 and before that 2 mike's hard pink lemonades.

I get drunk easy. just sayin'.

Edited by ambivalentzombie

The Which Way Cocktail that was on the WS homepage earlier looked interesting.

1/3 Absinthe

1/3 Anisette

1/3 Brandy

I don't have any ansiette. Never quite saw the point of it once I had absinthe.

I did, haha!, I just pretty much drank it straight, which, I cant feel my taste buds now, haha, and then had it with sprite. I was shocked it louched. heehee

Edited by ambivalentzombie